BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishInquisition View Post
    This guy could have had me and my friends literally emptying our pockets at Salute (and many others no doubt), but he didn't!
    That takes a lot of restraint imo, to hold back until he's happy with the whole product seems to be rare these days. His commitment to this project is incredible and attention to detail exceptional.
    I'm a model junkie, total sucker for a pretty range and a notorious impulse buyer too, but even if I wasn't, I'd still buy into this range. I'm going for the UCM (Mega deal), and not ruling out the PHR or Shaltari at some point too.
    hahahaha.....I know how you feel. This is beyond eye candy for me. The entire concept and general idea of the game mechanics make me tingle in excitement. The quality is just AMAZING!!!

As for pockets, I sold off 40k stuff so I can upgrade my order, which now, I'm buying through my regular place now that they have preorders.....taking wha'ts in the large, buying a starter and the rest that's in the large and saving almost $75 bucks.

I don't need the case. I got a sabol in great shape at home....just will buy some new foam for it. It can share with my Dust Warfare stuff.....of course, putting DzC up top...lol

First-Captain

I'm trying to get my group interested. They love the minis, but the addition of another game will be a tough sell.

I couldn't get them interested in Dark Age, and we already play DW, Dust, 40k, WM/H, Infinity and occasionally WFB.

It's going to be a case of "let's see how well the rules play out."

Though at least we each prefer different factions this time around... (go, go, UCM!)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    I'm trying to get my group interested. They love the minis, but the addition of another game will be a tough sell.

I couldn't get them interested in Dark Age, and we already play DW, Dust, 40k, WM/H, Infinity and occasionally WFB.
    This, and more.

Not to mention for the game to really gain traction, especially in the US, LGSs are going to need to carry the game as regular stock. The LGS in our area that typically carries the Indie Games as regular stock just dumped the Spartan systems because not enough people were buying them. As such, they're not picking this game up to carry as regular stock.

Sure, plenty of LGSs will take preorder or make special orders, but that isn't going to help the game gain a player base in the US. We have a store in our area that I really want to purchase stuff from every time I'm there, but they do an almost exclusively special order business. They rarely carry a consistent, regular stock, and because of that, it's rarely worth the 40 minute drive to get there. If want to "special order" something, I'll it from on of the OLGSs, from the comfort of my home, in my boxers...and they'll ship it to my home, so I can receive it in my boxers.

But I digress. I love good looking models. But I don't know if that's enough for me to purchase an entire line of minis. I still need to see the full ruleset before I go touting this as the next wargaming nirvana.

www.queencityguard.com

First-Captain

Has anyone seen a game played yet?

Is there a rules set that has been posted?

While the visual styling is awesome, I need more than that before placing an order.

Veteran-Sergeant

Unfortunately not! Hence, the reluctance (understandably so) of people buying into the game.
    I believe there will be further 'hints' of the rules etc as we get closer to the release- there is an FAQ up on the website now with more insight into the game, and hopefully a video of gameplay at some point (although this may be done by a playtesting group or something similar).

There's also more pics coming out from his playtesters and painters for alternate colour schemes too on their Facebook page.

I think the main focus at the moment for Hawk is getting the rulebook finished and getting the stuff to us (distribution deals etc)!! I'm happy for a lull if it means I get cool toys on time. :-D
    Last edited by EnglishInquisition; 06-17-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Link to the first 'insider' review I've seen.
    [url]http://theshellcase.co.uk/2012/06/24/a-first-look-at-drop-zone-commander/[/url]

Also on Hawk Wargames Facebook page.
    All seem impressed!

Veteran-Sergeant

There's also more pics coming out from his playtesters and painters for alternate colour schemes too on their Facebook page.
    I have seen anything but the studio painted preview pics. Do you have links?

Chapter-Master

Link to the first 'insider' review I've seen.
    [url]http://theshellcase.co.uk/2012/06/24/a-first-look-at-drop-zone-commander/[/url]

Also on Hawk Wargames Facebook page.
    All seem impressed!
    An "insider" review means nothing. Lip service.

www.queencityguard.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    An "insider" review means nothing. Lip service.
    agree...opld news...hoping with the new week, we see something this week!

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, I think it does when it's an independent blog or forum! They have a vested interest in being impartial, otherwise their main currency is defunct. Much like on this forum, we hope that the reviews we get are honest, open, and yes, impartial.

There are other pics of alternative colour schemes, but for the life of me can't remember where I saw them- will post links if my addled mind decides to work properly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast