BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

i agree with Eldargal, the Ulrika series are possibly the best series of novels to come out of BL and epitomise what fantasy is all about! (i will, however, always have a soft spot for Thanquol novels!)
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Oh Thanquol, what a guy. (rat-guy)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Thanks for getting rid of the spoliers EG. Quick question, is it a good idea to read about her in G&F first and if so which books is she in?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I started reading her books before I started reading G&F, and now I'm reading G&F I've found Ulrika is significantly different enough after being turned that it wasn't a handicap. What you need to know about her past is filled in with her reflecting on it.

I forget which book she first appears in, Daemonslayer perhaps?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Thanks, I think I may have to pick up her books (when I finally get UTD on Time of Legends).
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Daemon-Prince

Default Ulrika the Vampire (Series)

So i have been reading these books since the day they came out with no background of reading gortex & Felix....and i must say they are awesome! Its great to see a strong\feminine(and sexy) female lead who can own people yet show's her soft spot time to time.........Not to mention the books are amazingly well written what do you all think? My only issue is the fact she is a vampire that doesn't use magic....(yet at least) Review of each book will fallow as i have time.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

I've read all three, and the first two are ace.

However, the third one? Well, it's just not as good. YMMV however, and it's still worth a read. But you can definitely tell the author was heading off for pastures new...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I liked the third one a lot, actually. It gave so much more depth to the Lahmians than anything else we've seen from GW/BL in the past. It wasn't perfect by any means and there were a few things that annoyed me but on the whole a good entry in the series. I do hope they make another book, if not with Nathan Long then with someone else.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

female vampire? how does she compare to Genevieve?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

More 'shades of grey' (the good kind) than Genevieve. She kills people but tries to be a good Vampire like Genevieve but she sometimes fails spectacularly. There are actually a few sly references to Genevieve which are nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast