BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 30th June....planning time!

So, as best we can tell, 23rd is the Pre-Order date, with 30th being release day!

What are your plans?

Me, I'm going to scamper (possibly very literally) to my local store (a mere five minute casual stroll from my Nerdcave) and procure me a copy of the book, and whatever other toys I can fit into my £93.00 budget.

From there, I'll spend an hour or two frothing wildly in store, excitedly discussing the new edition and poring over my new toys.

After that? Well I do declare it'll be pub o'clock. I may even cast a Level 27 'Summon Goons' and meet my chums up there for collective reading, learning and gibbering. Oh and I will be taking my Necron Codex with me, so I can (admitedlly drunkenly) go over my toys and looking for how it will interact in the new rules!

Dunno about you, but I very much call that a plan!

Your turn now!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Still not sure on whether to get the starter set or actual rulebook. Rulebook will cost me almost 60 dollars in all it's glorious gloriousness. But the starter set-if it includes Chaos and DA- will give me more models for my Chaos force. And I still get the rulebook.

It all depends on prices. For now I'll be content to study the new rules at my local game shop. With the price increases, patience will be rewarded.

A little Beerhammer to celebrate some "out with the old, in with the new." A fine idea.

Toasting the fallen, and wetting the babies head.

THE GAME IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE GAME!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Moving house that weekend so...

• will nip out for ten minutes, grab a copy
    • glance at it for 5 mins looking for where my eldar have got nerfed or buffed.
    • cry tears of joy or sorrow for 2 mins
    • return to wife and boxes
    • accidently smash the most nerfed army
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Chaplain

I'm considering preordering it and having it delivered, so that I can peruse the new edition in the comfort of my own cave... I mean home.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Chapter-Master

I've been informed that there's a battle bunker event scheduled for the 23rd that "you really REALLY want to be there" for. Could be that certain locations will be getting the book sooner rather than the 30th.

Chapter-Master

sit on the internet and nerdrage at everything.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

According to a FLGS manager I know, IF (her emphasis, not mine) we get a new edition of 40k this month, we will be having a 'Midnight madness'.

Basically, everyone is allowed in store at midnight, get's their photo taken holding their copy while they sit on a throne of new books. Then averyone gets an hour to read/rewrite army lists and we play a small points tournament until 6am. Everyone gets kicked out (and goes for breakfast) then back in at 10 for the main release day. Not only is it an awesome way to get/learn the new rules, it means there are a good number of people in store on release day who actually know how to play them and can help teach everyone else.

Only downside is that no alcohol is allowed. You get turfed out if they even smell it on your breath. Lots of Strong coffee is advised and encouraged though!

So I might just do that. If not, turn up at 10am to pick up my copy and have much fun learning, playing and getting my rear handed to me by everyone else who has speed read the rules.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So, as best we can tell, 23rd is the Pre-Order date, with 30th being release day!

What are your plans?

Me, I'm going to scamper (possibly very literally) to my local store (a mere five minute casual stroll from my Nerdcave) and procure me a copy of the book, and whatever other toys I can fit into my £93.00 budget.

From there, I'll spend an hour or two frothing wildly in store, excitedly discussing the new edition and poring over my new toys.

After that? Well I do declare it'll be pub o'clock. I may even cast a Level 27 'Summon Goons' and meet my chums up there for collective reading, learning and gibbering. Oh and I will be taking my Necron Codex with me, so I can (admitedlly drunkenly) go over my toys and looking for how it will interact in the new rules!

Dunno about you, but I very much call that a plan!

Your turn now!
    That's EXACTLY what I will be doing!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast