BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They aren't particularly overpowered, what they are is undercosted and absolutely no fun to play against.
    Although some of the Eldar and Dark Eldar anti-psyker equipment can be hilarious against a GK army.

Yep, once took out Draigo and a tooled up Librarian with teh crucible of malediction against a Draigowing list. Posted about it [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21221"]here[/URL]. Added a bunch of GK helmet trophies to my Bloodbrides.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Grey Knights aren't over powered and bad to play against unless you play with terrible people who don't care if you have fun while playing a game, avoid those people and you'll enjoy playing against any army.

This may mean avoiding proper tournaments, but **** it, playing with friends is much better.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post
    Grey Knights aren't over powered and bad to play against unless you play with terrible people who don't care if you have fun while playing a game, avoid those people and you'll enjoy playing against any army.

This may mean avoiding proper tournaments, but **** it, playing with friends is much better.
    I have had far more enjoyment playing against the most WAAC IG army, then I have ever had playing against any GK army since the release of their codex, no matter how much of a bro-tier friend my opponent was. I am personally under the opinion that the GK codex is a (and I quote) "Gimmick Infested Mess of Under-Costed Units and Options". 5th in general hasn't been a very fun edition to play, as it's joke of a combat resolution system proved to me. But GK took the cake of being the army that no matter how close of a game it was, it was still an unenjoyable waste of my time to play against... Win or Lose. It's already bad enough that 12 out of 13 games of 40k tend to be against marines.

I hope Phil Kelly wrote 6th Edition...

Quote Originally Posted by GrogDaTyrant View Post
    I have had far more enjoyment playing against the most WAAC IG army, then I have ever had playing against any GK army since the release of their codex, no matter how much of a bro-tier friend my opponent was. I am personally under the opinion that the GK codex is a (and I quote) "Gimmick Infested Mess of Under-Costed Units and Options". 5th in general hasn't been a very fun edition to play, as it's joke of a combat resolution system proved to me. But GK took the cake of being the army that no matter how close of a game it was, it was still an unenjoyable waste of my time to play against... Win or Lose. It's already bad enough that 12 out of 13 games of 40k tend to be against marines.
    Bye then, have fun with the other games

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post
    Bye then, have fun with the other games
    Already do, thanks! The game I have begun devoting most of my time for generally has a much more mature player base, as well.

Brother-Captain

I only play toy soldiers with the most discerning of my peers. We partake of wine and cheese as we discuss topics of the day.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I only play toy soldiers with the most discerning of my peers. We partake of wine and cheese as we discuss topics of the day.
    Seriously, beer goes better with cheese, the flavours are much more complementary.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I'd have to agree on that, the GK codex is horrendously boring to play against even when you're winning and it is a fluffy list.

Croquet?
    Already do, thanks! The game I have begun devoting most of my time for generally has a much more mature player base, as well.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast