BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default I Hope Matt Ward Wrote 6th Edition!

I like Matt Ward. Codex: Necrons is one of the best army books I've ever read... the background is interesting and solid and the army is nicely balanced. Three cheers for Matt Ward!

“But, wait!” you say. “What about the Gray Knights?” Ward is just a human. [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion?s=t"]I think[/URL] he really screwed up Codex: Gray Knights... I like the fluff but the army is far from well balanced. However, his editors, playtesters, and supervisors also screwed up. Codex: GK never should have made it out the door in the form it did... Codex: Necrons shows what can happen when he and his supervisors are at the tops of their games.

He seems to have come a long way as a game-designer. Codex: Necrons is the proof. I hope Ward took some of that goodness and poured it into 6th Edition. I hope he wrote 6th Edition. Cheers. Cope

PS Some of you might think that I am trying to be [URL="http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ironic?q=ironical#ironic__3"]ironical[/URL]. I assure you that I am not. I really do like Matt Ward.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

I wouldn't object, he did an excellent job with 8th edition WFB.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

I do have to agree with you to some extent, some of the stuff is lovely and fluffy and certain stretches the possibilities of the ruleset
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

He spells it as "Mat Ward"

Me and a friend have been discussing Ward for quite a while, and we've mellowed out with him somewhat. I hope that he's at least contributed to it. (as long as that contribution doesn't involve Raven Guard)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

He is very good. he does tend to marine fanboi ism a little but should be ok.

Id still rather it wss Phil Kelly (6's be upon him)
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    He spells it as "Mat Ward"
    In Codex Necrons & BA its Matthew Ward
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Informally speaking.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, he's sunshine and roses... provided you play only armies he likes. I personally would rather he didn't write 6th, as I find 8th rather dull and uninteresting. And he apparently hasn't learned anything from his days of writing 7th ed Army Books.

My viewpoint ultimately is that Ward, Cruddace, and Kelly are all a case of 'pick your poison'. I don't like any of those 3, and feel that they're all terrible game designers. Especially Kelly. Oh sure, he's good with Eldar of any variety, but I personally don't appreciate what he did with the Orks.
    Last edited by GrogDaTyrant; 06-18-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: grammar

Chaplain

I do agree but I wish all the rules writers would work on the main rulebook. It would be using up manpower but surely it would provide a better result overall?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I wouldn't object, he did an excellent job with 8th edition WFB.
    Seconded, though I have feeling Jervis will have at least ahve had a hand in writing 6th.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast