BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default GW July Release Dates, from Dakka DaKka

[url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/456261.page[/url]

Collectors edition, who will pay?

r
    Last edited by robrodgers46; 06-18-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar error
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Librarian

Well, it seems to be a little expensive... wait to see pics for it in 4 days!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Me. Providing it is good. Good to see a big batch of finecast stuff, though I'm guessing the fact Tau are getting a load means there aren't any new shiny kits on the way any time soon. Boo.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

No one has noticed that the two hitherto unreleased Necron special characters are on the list?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Squee! Though dunno if it's just my iPhone, but that info was really hard to read!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Oh god-emperor the Dark Eldar 'prisoner' models are being re-released.

Why.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

They must sell enough to warrant it, simple as that. You do see them appear in project logs more than you would expect. Of course their is a miniscule chance they may new sculpts.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Yeah I get why people want them and all but...ugh. Those sculpts...
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Drag queens for the win

Chapter-Master

You know... I balked at first at the prices for all the various rulebook sets at first. And then I saw this:

440 Pages.

Holy crap that's a lot of pages.

Honestly, when compared to a lot of other "coffee table books" -- and let's not kid ourselves, thats effectively what this is-- the price isn't actually that bad. a 200 page absolute edition comic from DC is anywhere from $100-$150.

Dior Couture (EG, you have this?) was $115 for 250 pp and Harry Potter - Script to Screen was $75 for 550 pages. So, comparitively, it really isn't that bad.

Sure, perspective is something severely lacking in our tiny niche corner of the universe, but it never hurts to infuse some of it anyways.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast