BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default The Dark Eldar

Hey guys, I am the Dark Eldar opponent and as you already know my list is:

HQ
    Haemonculus --------------------------------------------------------------------- (50pts)

Troops
    Wracks x8 w/Raider ----------------------------------------------------------- (140pts)

Kabalite Warriors x10 w/Raider+Disintegrator Cannon ------------------ (150pts)

Elites
    Incubi x4 w/Venom (Haemonculus is attached to the squad for FnP) -- (143pts)

Heavy Support
    Ravager w/ FlickerField ------------------------------------------------------ (115pts)

The detail (Kinda)
    First of all you're probably thinking why I have no wyches. The simple reason is, they're far too big of a target if i took a squad of 8 Wyches in a Raider instead of the Wracks they're gonna be a waste of a good 140 points, so instead I have the wracks, a somewhat efficient Close combat unit eligible to a 6+save and FnP, The save is generally worse, but they are less of a threat than the wyches and can be an overall more effective unit in these smaller point games.
    Second of all, the incubi, these are an effective unit that it seems a lot of my opponents tend to look over, I for one have not seen many other DE armies running them so they tend to be a stranger carrying a 3+ 4+ along with 16 power weapon attacks on the charge, effective against tactical marine squads.

The Gunline
    The armies gunline consists of:
    4 Dark Lances( Strength 8 AP 2 Lance)
    1 Disintegrator Cannon ( Strength 5 AP 3 Heavy 3)
    10 Splinter Rifles (Poison 4+ AP 5 Rapid Fire)
    And 1 Splinter Pistol (Poison 4+ AP 5 Pistol)

The charging assault
    I'll go over each unit and how many of each attacks it gets on the charge:

The Wracks have 24 Poisoned 4+ Close combat attacks.

The Warriors have 20 normal attacks

The Incubi + Haemonculus have 16 power weapon attacks and 3 poison 4+ Attacks

If there is anything further you would like to know please just ask, thanks if you read it all.

Veteran-Sergeant

How do i make u surrender

Quote Originally Posted by commissar camenzuli View Post
    How do i make u surrender
    You don't

Veteran-Sergeant

Damn

Veteran-Sergeant

Will this list kill u;
    HQ (145pts)

Necron Overlord (145pts) Ever-Living, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols

Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts) (Mindshackle Scarabs), Resurrection Orb (30pts) (Resurrection Orb), Warscythe (10pts)

Elites (200pts)

Lychguards (200pts) 5x Lychguard (200pts) 5x Warscythe

Troops (247pts)

Necron Warriors (130pts) 10x Necron Warrior (130pts) Reanimation Protocols

10x Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon)

Necron Warriors (117pts) 9x Necron Warrior (117pts) Reanimation Protocols

9x Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon)

Let them decide...

D Lord
    3 Wraiths (2 with Coils)

5 Immortals Tesla
    5 Immortals Tesla
    5 Immortals Tesla

An Barge
    595pts

Take out his Ravager first if possible.

*edit*

a lot will depend on your scenery, who goes first, etc. I often play against DE and have only lost once, when my opponent knew what I was playing and tailored his list to kill me. I find Necrons and DE to be great armies to fight one another. sorry i cant be more help, i rarely play less than 1500pt lists.
    Last edited by Demonus; 06-21-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Mind going into a little more detail of what I'd be facing here please? 'Cuz I tend to play highly different depending on the units used and what they can do...

Librarian

I like that new list. Instead of lychguard, consider 12 scarabs (groups of for would be smart) or even another squad of warriors, then give a squad a veil of darkness to get then in striking distance of the venom. Ramming scarabs into the immortals will so them just outside your lines giving you an extra turn of shooting. Stop the incubi as far away from your front lines as possible. And most of all: never forget that your Gauss weapons can still kill all of his vehicles thanks to open topped, meaning that even the glances can kill him outright.

Librarian

As i said. School league says 600pts and one hq and 2 troops compulsury. And only one fast attack, elite or heavy support
    i thought you said school league is one elite, fast or heavy. that would make this list illegal due to incubi AND a ravager, wouldn't it?
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast