BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default ALIEN style Genestealers

A little while ago, I got a project to paint up some Space Hulk Genestealers to match the Alien films. I guess since the game looks so much like Aliens, the theme follows pretty well. Now you just have to choose which version of Imperial Guard rules fit the theme best.

Here are a couple. I didn't get photos of the whole gang:

www.GardenNinja.com

Brother-Captain

Oh, nice! Great idea and execution. Funnily enough I never saw 'nids like this before.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Oh, nice! Great idea and execution. Funnily enough I never saw 'nids like this before.
    I like it! I like that there is not a crazy albedo that I have seen used with other black styles.

Chaplain

nice, those do look really cool
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Scout

Check this site out if your looking for alien themed Tyranids.

[url]http://www.timkline.net/alienids/index.html[/url]

Chapter-Master

Check out 2nd edition hormogaunts.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Falkenberg View Post
    Check this site out if your looking for alien themed Tyranids.

[url]http://www.timkline.net/alienids/index.html[/url]
    I like those conversions. Really helps the minis transform.

www.GardenNinja.com

Great job. I especially like the first photo. Its really got that Alien touch and with the skulls it also has a sort of Predator feel too.
    Its funny how GW produces their minis around all those movie monsters and characters that we love to induce a sort of inherent familiarity.
    Speaking of which, the Aliennids conversions are also great.

Librarian

Yeah, I remember an old WD article talking about how they try to pull from various sources when designing new minis. I think they mentioned things like Mad Max for the Necromunda Ratskins.

Of course, I always think of the Praetorians for that. The WD articles that introduced them actually said that they were based on Zulu! They even had a scenario that attempted to re-create the film using orks.

www.GardenNinja.com

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    Yeah, I remember an old WD article talking about how they try to pull from various sources when designing new minis. I think they mentioned things like Mad Max for the Necromunda Ratskins.

Of course, I always think of the Praetorians for that. The WD articles that introduced them actually said that they were based on Zulu! They even had a scenario that attempted to re-create the film using orks.
    Well, everything in 40K is derivative to an extent. It's part of what gives the game broad based appeal. The Tau were very clearly designed to grab at the anime/manga crowd for example, when 40K was looking to expand its player base in the late nineties.

It's a cool paint scheme. 2e Hormagaunts may be inefficient. Doesn't Chapterhouse or somebody make "xenomorph" heads that are sized for gaunt models?