BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Well if you play ruins based terrain you'll be fine... But I feel for you as a Dark Eldar player!
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Chapter-Master

im thinking either tau/eldar or eldar/lamenters

this also is great because it means you dont have to cash out as much for a new army, just have a unit or two in your normal army and see how it works

edit: tau/chaos daemons?! DAFUQ
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 06-24-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    There's sillier in there, believe me. XD

Still, I trust my local players to stay true and not ally obviously silly things, I doubt they'd want to. It's mainly Templars and Sisters who would 100% only ally with Imperials. There are a few other daft ones in there too like Daemons and Tau but mostly they seem arguable.

I'd love to ally Tau and Dark Eldar to make an army from that fluff in the Dark Eldar codex where the Haemonculi make armies to help the Tau against the Tyranids, and as the war goes on more and more of the abominations looks suspiciously blueish grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    There's sillier in there, believe me. XD

Still, I trust my local players to stay true and not ally obviously silly things, I doubt they'd want to. It's mainly Templars and Sisters who would 100% only ally with Imperials. There are a few other daft ones in there too like Daemons and Tau but mostly they seem arguable.

I'd love to ally Tau and Dark Eldar to make an army from that fluff in the Dark Eldar codex where the Haemonculi make armies to help the Tau against the Tyranids, and as the war goes on more and more of the abominations looks suspiciously blueish grey.
    You forget the Tau's complete naiivety. I mean they genuinely believe they've kiilled Slaanesh! Deamons can take pretty much any form, but are influenced by the mind of the beholder. Daemons are extremely cunning, and it couldn't be that hard to hoodwink the Tau? I mean look at what happened when a Sept World was 'saved' from Tyranids by an awakening Tomb World. They welcome their saviours with open arms, and planet is promptly harvested!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You forget the Tau's complete naiivety. I mean they genuinely believe they've kiilled Slaanesh! Deamons can take pretty much any form, but are influenced by the mind of the beholder. Daemons are extremely cunning, and it couldn't be that hard to hoodwink the Tau? I mean look at what happened when a Sept World was 'saved' from Tyranids by an awakening Tomb World. They welcome their saviours with open arms, and planet is promptly harvested!
    As a Tyranid player I'll be the first to say that that abomination of a codex shouldn't be used as a reference for fluff. According to it Dark Eldar hang around and party on-planet after raiding it rather than getting back to the webway as quickly as possible. That part about the Tau just letting Necrons onto their world without a question was absolutely stupid. Only Dawn of War calls the Tau naive, and I don't think I need to qualify the statement that Dawn of War fails at the fluff something awful. The Tau are intelligent, but they will ally if they're sure that they can. They allied with the Haemonculi against Tyranids because the Haemonculi actively offered to help, and the Tau accepted because it was either that or get eaten.

Also, I'm not questioning the Tau allying, I'm questioning the Daemons allying with them rather than just going at them and trying to kill them all. I'm not suggesting that all Daemons are stupid, but they would just attack the Tau as soon as they materialised. They would only ally if they can actually corrupt, and I don't think they can corrupt Tau.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    As a Tyranid player I'll be the first to say that that abomination of a codex shouldn't be used as a reference for fluff. According to it Dark Eldar hang around and party on-planet after raiding it rather than getting back to the webway as quickly as possible. That part about the Tau just letting Necrons onto their world without a question was absolutely stupid. Only Dawn of War calls the Tau naive, and I don't think I need to qualify the statement that Dawn of War fails at the fluff something awful. The Tau are intelligent, but they will ally if they're sure that they can. They allied with the Haemonculi against Tyranids because the Haemonculi actively offered to help, and the Tau accepted because it was either that or get eaten.

Also, I'm not questioning the Tau allying, I'm questioning the Daemons allying with them rather than just going at them and trying to kill them all. I'm not suggesting that all Daemons are stupid, but they would just attack the Tau as soon as they materialised. They would only ally if they can actually corrupt, and I don't think they can corrupt Tau.
    Not necessarily. If the Tau can be used to help keep opposing forces from closing a Warp Rift, that right there is enough reason to manipulate them. You don't have to corrupt someone to make use of their skills.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Allies are a ploy to make more money. That's most of the story right there, but it's one that doesn't increase the price per model, so I'm all for it.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    Dude people have wanted to do chaos tau for a while. Some of the conversions are okay, most are just sticking horns and crap on battlesuits.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Battle-Brother

Talking

All I really want is to include Epidemius in my Nurgle CSMs.

Chapter-Master

I have come up with my allies idea:

Blood Angels: main force
    Secondary Force: Ultramarines
    HQ: Sicarius
    TROOPS: Tactical Squad
    FA: Stormtalon
    HvSUPPORT: Thunderfire Cannon
    maybe ELITES: Techmarine, because the techmarine is an IC.

now give the Tactical Squad Infiltrate. Outflank, and have the Stormtalon attached to them.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 06-24-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast