BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not necessarily. If the Tau can be used to help keep opposing forces from closing a Warp Rift, that right there is enough reason to manipulate them. You don't have to corrupt someone to make use of their skills.
    The Tau are smart enough to see a warp rift, see the murderous horrors pouring from it and say: "We should probably shoot them." Daemons wouldn't put on an act of civility and friendliness as they're vomited forth from a warp rift, and they certainly couldn't feign diplomacy like the Haemonculi did. The Tau would recognise them as a threat and fight. The only reason they get allies is because either they're summoned by worshippers or they've been whispering into the minds of mortals. The Tau are not susceptible to this.

Chapter-Master

I have a feeling that there are going to be significant drawbacks for taking allied units.

I'd like to see allied units be unable to be scoring units. After all, would the Inquisition TRUST that squad of guardians to hold an objective? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    The Tau are smart enough to see a warp rift, see the murderous horrors pouring from it and say: "We should probably shoot them." Daemons wouldn't put on an act of civility and friendliness as they're vomited forth from a warp rift, and they certainly couldn't feign diplomacy like the Haemonculi did. The Tau would recognise them as a threat and fight. The only reason they get allies is because either they're summoned by worshippers or they've been whispering into the minds of mortals. The Tau are not susceptible to this.
    But it's possible that by aiding the Tau kill that guy over there, the opposing forces can't get near the rift. Have some secksy slaanesh girls go over and have a bit chat with the ethereals and Water caste to smooth things over.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

But to the Tau, with no real concept of Gods and Monsters, they wouldn't appear as murderous horrors. Welll. Not untl it's far, far too late. As I said earlier, the physical form of the Daemon is partly defined by the beholder, and those summoning them. Warp Rifts do occur spontaneously. The Tau remain extremely naiive, and their push for the greater good combined with this means they are more willing to trust people. Simple glamour and weave. Pow. You've got yourself some Tau allies.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

just my opinion...

I think it is just GW taking the Commander Farsight story to what I have always felt is its logical conclusion...
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post
    But it's possible that by aiding the Tau kill that guy over there, the opposing forces can't get near the rift. Have some secksy slaanesh girls go over and have a bit chat with the ethereals and Water caste to smooth things over.
    That's my point, the Tau aren't susceptible to the seductions of Chaos or indeed any effects of the warp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But to the Tau, with no real concept of Gods and Monsters, they wouldn't appear as murderous horrors.
    Gods no, but monsters yes. It doesn't matter what you know, if you see a Bloodletter or indeed any Chaos Daemon, even someone with no idea what it is will know that it's bad. The very fact that they can see it means that they can in some way perceive it's intent, after all Daemons are feeling made manifest. I imagine that the reason different people see some daemons differently is that it's their outlook on what that daemon represents. That's the case with Daemonettes at least. The Tau would still see them for the threat that they are even if they'd never seen them before.

The fact is though that the Tau have fought daemons before, and unlike the Imperium they don't kill anyone who has seen them, so they would all know about them. They have no need to after all, as they aren't corrupted by it like humans are.

Brother-Captain

Keep in mind that Kroot Mercs are in the Tau codex, and Kroot will ally with damn near anyone. And unlike the Tau, Kroot have a warp presence and are susceptible to Chaos.

For non-Kroot units, you could argue that it's stolen or looted Tau tech piloted by the parent army. I don't see why Dark Eldar or a traitor guardsman couldn't pilot a devilfish or a battlesuit.

I have a Chaos Kroot Mercs army and I'm thrilled to be able to ally them in with my Chaos Daemons. I even have a Kroot-Shaper-turned-Daemon-Prince ready to go.
    Last edited by Lerra; 06-24-2012 at 02:31 PM.

That's my point, the Tau aren't susceptible to the seductions of Chaos or indeed any effects of the warp.
    It's not that they'd need to do any Warp shenanigans, but I'm sure that in all the infathomable depths of the Warp there has to be at least one Daemon who looks a bit Tau-ish and is pretty decent at diplomacy.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Battle-Brother

Cool

All possible allies situations can be explained quite simply:

Brother-Captain

I'm amped about allies as my Guardsmen missed their GK line breakers. I'm a little worried about Coteaz+Platoon shenanigans but then I remember all those drop pod AV13 dreadnoughts and I stop caring.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast