BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I'm going to be modelling up a competitive tournament army based on the dark mechanicus, going to be either Mech or foot slogging depending on which is more appropriate with the new rules, think chaos Iron hands. its going to run with some allied traitor guard that will be based on traitor vostroyan's.

Im thinking a sort of dark mechanicum/chaos dwarves/bionic/daemon engine style list.

so things like as many sorcerers as I can pack in leading a very shooty army from hell.
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-27-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Im thinking a sort of dark mechanicum/chaos dwarves/bionic/daemon engine style list.
    Sounds cool, would be nice to see some of the conversions when they come around
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Sergeant

My use for allies is pretty simple. I can put my Assassins and a Hereticus Inquisitor with my Sisters and do that army the way I originally intended it.

I'm also pondering doing enough Guard to add a Valkyrie to my Sisters, but that's down the road some.

Battle-Brother

My Chaos will use Demons

Marines will use Eldar Dire Avengers and Farseer , and what comes to my mind

Eldar i dont know yet

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
    My use for allies is pretty simple. I can put my Assassins and a Hereticus Inquisitor with my Sisters and do that army the way I originally intended it.
    There's a problem with the assassins. Each one occupies one elite slot so you can only take one. If you go over 2000 points it won't be a problem with the extra FOC. But under 2000, it would be an even more limited list. I'd go for the Psyfleman dread instead. Combined with an Exorcist you'll have amazing heavy firepower. Though a Vindicare assassin can also fill the anti-tank niche quite well (3D6 for penetrating!) the 5+ cover save to almost anything kind of reduces his chance to live. He would only get a 4+ due to stealth I believe, and I think they already have 4+ invul saves.

I'm now thinking of remaking a list of the "Adrantis Union" from the old BOLS minidex for the Macharian crusade. only question ?? Necrons allied to Tau but im leanning Tau allied with necrons.

Brother-Captain

I plan on making about ~1000 points of GK and ~1000 points of Inquisition forces to use as allied detachments for my various Imperial armies.

Also thinking of turning my fledgling Dark Eldar army into a joint force with Eldar, and I might add some Daemons to my Thousand Sons army. Maybe.

Oh, and I'm taking a large allied detachment of Imperial Guard for my Tau, to use as Gue'vesa or however the hell you spell it.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Bitz Box Rob View Post
    I'm now thinking of remaking a list of the "Adrantis Union" from the old BOLS minidex for the Macharian crusade. only question ?? Necrons allied to Tau but im leanning Tau allied with necrons.
    holy cow, adrantis V? now that's some obscure fluff.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chaplain

Don't mean to blow my own trumpet, just a little bit chuffed, made the GW homepage today.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2800044[/url]

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post

I'm also pondering doing enough Guard to add a Valkyrie to my Sisters, but that's down the road some.
    You need a troops choice to go with that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast