BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

Dudes and dudettes, 2 incredible standouts from today's Faeit article:

[url]http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/06/q-and-with-rulebook-more-goodness.html#more[/url]

Fleet doesn't allow the models to run and assault anymore. You can choose either one then reroll for the one you chose. Tyranid and Ork players everywhere weep! Damn you Nerfhammer!

On the other hand, Khorne Bezerkers just got really good. Rage is apparently only +2 attacks not including the running at nearest target. Wow I wish most assault armies had that.

So shooting is in and assaults out. The changes to Fleet really messes things up unless newer versions to assault codices or FAQ's change that. But somehow I don't think GW has the Xenos' interests as top priority.

I'm full expecting force weapons will need to be activated to get the power weapon AP, which would make GK worse than their Daemon Hunters iteration.
    Then GK are truly going to be needing some other kind of buff. One attack base with normal weapon and str5, or one attack base with normal str and ap3..

And the point costs are there still..

And no charge after DS.. boohoo..

I hope i am wrong, and please correct me if thats the case, but currently it would seem that there are no new goodness for the GK at all.
    - Stormravens have to start from the reserve: Nice, there goes my main anti-armor platforms (with many points worth of transported units inside). And 2x glan and its gone! (a feat not too hard to accomplish).
    - Power weapons AP3: How to hell are we going to be able to kill those HQ units now with Sv2+? With one attack base..
    - Stormbolters: Nothing buff yet to be revealed for assault weapons.
    - Psilencers: Still probably the most useless weapon upgrade in the whole game (out of the 3 possible..).
    - No charge from DS: Full Terminator lists are gonna get shot over and over again before getting into combat.. (some sort of interceptor rules, first round of enemy fireing, overwatch etc..)
    - MC Doubling its str and halving the attacks..: NDK, 3attacks with a sword that re-roll hits, wounds and armor penes at str6-7. Truly not worth splitting attacks most likely to 1 just to get one hit with str 10... And if rumours stand true and these get no jump infantry attack bonus then there is nothing good coming towards NDKs. (and the NDK hammer is already str 10, i4, so unless you cant get str20, its really not that important to use "smash attack"..)
    - GK HQs & many units paying extra for rules they hardly use / benefit from (all things daemon etc) And Still cannot exchange their psychic skill (aside from hammerhand) to one found from the corebook..
    - Allies: Only imperial army that cannot be friends with any imperial army.. so no buffing & boosting, well, anyone.. (I've only seen one chart, so i may be wrong tho on this one..)

From all the QQing about Grey Knights, I don't think too many people will be upset they lose some oomph.

To be honest, I think Overwatch is being a smidge overrated. Sure it's nice, and has some potential to blunt assaults, I see it as being slightly more concillatory than a buff.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

To be honest, I think Overwatch is being a smidge overrated. Sure it's nice, and has some potential to blunt assaults, I see it as being slightly more concillatory than a buff.
    It all depends on the numbers.. If all you ever gonna get is one shot, or your whole army relies on pinpoint accuracy, then it is not that much..
    But say, orks, that naturally hit only with 5+, its gonna be a huge boost to them imo, since its basically already incorporated into their stats (or weapon stats that is).
    Also, Squad of lootas would be hitting on 5+ if they were stationary, now they can move and hit on 6'es, theres really not that much difference to say a Marine will be hitting normally on a 3+ and now he would need 6 to hit..

Also, theres a lot of difference if you charge on 5 man tactical squad (or even 10man). They will be rapid firing you for 9 shots if sergeant has pistol (19 if its 10man squad). Now, normally its 'balanced' so that these guys will need 3+ to hit on a str4 weapon. now its 6'es.
    Compared to a 10man loota squad that normally hit on 5+. Now you charge and they overwatch shoot you: up to 30 str7 shots that hit you on a 6+..

See the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    It all depends on the numbers.. If all you ever gonna get is one shot, or your whole army relies on pinpoint accuracy, then it is not that much..
    But say, orks, that naturally hit only with 5+, its gonna be a huge boost to them imo, since its basically already incorporated into their stats (or weapon stats that is).
    Also, Squad of lootas would be hitting on 5+ if they were stationary, now they can move and hit on 6'es, theres really not that much difference to say a Marine will be hitting normally on a 3+ and now he would need 6 to hit..

Also, theres a lot of difference if you charge on 5 man tactical squad (or even 10man). They will be rapid firing you for 9 shots if sergeant has pistol (19 if its 10man squad). Now, normally its 'balanced' so that these guys will need 3+ to hit on a str4 weapon. now its 6'es.
    Compared to a 10man loota squad that normally hit on 5+. Now you charge and they overwatch shoot you: up to 30 str7 shots that hit you on a 6+..

See the difference
    Oh it can be dirty....but it's still not as horrendous as some might fear. I'd imagine there's a limitation as with stand and shoot in Fantasy. If you charge from 2" away, it's not terribly likely that you'll be able to Overwatch (just flapping my gums! I don't know about the exact rules). Plus it seems Heavy Weapons won't be able to do it all. Depending on how you read White Dwarf...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    Ork players everywhere weep!
    I don't think I ever even bothered to use The-Waaagh... Oh wait, yes I did. I used it once as a joke to point out how limited it was for an "army-wide special rule", just before unleashing a tidal wave of shooting dice with my warbikes. Though to be honest, I never used it when playing my footsloggers either. Unleashing more shots with the Fearless shoota horde was far more important than running into combat and risking No Retreat biting me in the arse.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by GrogDaTyrant View Post
    I don't think I ever even bothered to use The-Waaagh... Oh wait, yes I did. I used it once as a joke to point out how limited it was for an "army-wide special rule", just before unleashing a tidal wave of shooting dice with my warbikes. Though to be honest, I never used it when playing my footsloggers either. Unleashing more shots with the Fearless shoota horde was far more important than running into combat and risking No Retreat biting me in the arse.
    I don't think everyone plays like that. WAAAGH! is pretty good. But I agree that many Orks shooting is very scary as well.

2 quick things:

why does Rage make Khorne Berserkers good? Did they gain it when i wasnt looking?

i dont forsee having to activate force weapons to make them ap3. force weapons have always already been PW in 40k,

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    why does Rage make Khorne Berserkers good? Did they gain it when i wasnt looking?
    Because it apparently doesn't force your models to run into a gunline anymore. Now it just gives them +2 attacks. But we don't know anything for sure yet.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    Because it apparently doesn't force your models to run into a gunline anymore. Now it just gives them +2 attacks. But we don't know anything for sure yet.
    The point was Khorne Beserkers don't have rage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast