BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Perhaps a little early for this kind of thread, but here goes anyway.

For those unaware, the 8th Edition Fantasy rulebook did a great deal to re-balance the game overall. New mechanics and rules helped to tone down the nastier armies, whilst buffing up the more tired armies. The result, even before the new raft of Army Books began hitting was a much better game overall, with less of a power gap between certain books.

And it would seem they are attempting the same thing with 6th Edition 40k.

!
    I have to disagree with you. The changes to fanatsy didnt neccesarily balance the game. it made it more random which takes the skill out of the game. It dnt balance the armies it just changed which armies are more powerful and nerfed others some it made worse. For example the magic phase made high elves stupid broken and orks and goblins are pathetic. Dwarves got better but vampire counts and chaos warriors got worse. The net effect is that it did change things but by making it more random it made it more fun forv some and less fun for others.

The things that you listed are for the most part changes that are not from fantasy and I am not necessarily opposed to them. Most of them dont seem to come from Fantasy so i guess that is why the dont seem offensive to me.

In responce to your intent i didnt see 5th ed as really broken. So cant really see anything as needing fixed rules wise. The probelem is within the codices not the rules. i dont see the rules changing that.
    Are you not entertained?
    Overkill is underrated.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Oh, Trust me, you will see tau armies with a farseer, plus it makes complete fluff sense.
    Eldar powers specify 'Friendly Eldar units'. Fear not.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Yeah but what about the rulebook powers? They won't say that.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    Yeah but what about the rulebook powers? They won't say that.
    True, but we'll have to wait and see what the rules are on them.

Chaplain

@Anggul: Agreed. I'm pretty sure there will be rulebook powers that help out friendly units in general. It only makes sense if they are allowing allies. But like you said it's a wait and see game. I definitely wouldn't mind my Chaos Primaris Psyker having abilities that help out my CSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Can't wait to guide my venom spam!

Im curious to see what "beast" will mean in the new rules. As it stands, Scarabs can move 6, fleet d6 then charge 12". With charges now being random, that is a huge hit to their strategy unless beasts now charge 3d6 or something. Hmm, what averages 12"? =P

Chapter-Master

wrong thread. WOOPS
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 06-25-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Not enough coffee yet.

Dunno what AP value does the GK force weapons have, but if they are like power weapons, and with it AP3 (dunno if its been yet written in stone if they are ap2 or 3) But this would atleast make a little difference on Sv2+ units (MegaNobs, Many HQs, Terminators etc..)

Given that GK were the most whined army of the 5th, it's weird to see very little talk about how 6th will nerf / balance etc. them...

If it's still no charge from Deep Strike, then most assault DSers will be sorely beaten. (first a round of standing still getting shot at, and then when charging, that overwatch/snapfire whatever it is that lets you shoot assaulting units)
    GK Assassin (culexus?) that DS 3" away from enemy surely could use the possibility to engage that unit at that turn..

Dunno if its fixing, or making things less diverse, but it seems that many forces now have the chance to include "Hammerhand" and "Quicksilver" type psychic powers in their lists via Psykers.. (although random, but still)

I haven't seen how to allocation of multi-wound models work, but i am hoping there is no longer possibility to play sheningans with multiple loadout combinations.

Transports should be popping open more likely now, which is good imo. It has been so, that if you lose your anti-armor weapons, enemy can just kite you in their transports. Now it would seem your footslogging close combat units will have a chance to throw some dice a bit earlier in the game..

Brother-Captain

I'm full expecting force weapons will need to be activated to get the power weapon AP, which would make GK worse than their Daemon Hunters iteration.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast