BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Keeping hands out of the cookie Jar.

Raise your hand, or comment below, if you are NOT going to be using the new Allies Rule.

I for one won't be, as I don't feel the need or desire to. I don't see why it's in the BRB in the first place. For larger games perhaps, but that's Apocalypse where almost anything goes.

Librarian

Oops, but this in the wrong area. Feel free to move it mods.

Battle-Brother

I play Tyranids...so...not using allies wont be a problem.
    The only rules I need to complete my full 40k 5th edition collection: WD365(US) (Eldar/IG datasheets); WD368(US) (CD datasheets); WD373(US) (BA datasheets)

For friendly games I dont see it being an issue. For tourney games where everyone will min/max their army, it will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    For friendly games I dont see it being an issue. For tourney games where everyone will min/max their army, it will suck.
    It's not such that people will min/max armies all of the sudden, just that they will min/max differently. The Allies rules are not the problem, people are the problem.

This is another good rule! It allows for a much better themed army list. I could make the 1st war for Armageddon, or the battle where BA and Necrons team up, and many many more.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

In 5th I would deploy 9 oblits in a building suronded by rhinos, with two lash scor to make a "tower of power".

In 6th I can now have 12+ oblits in a buildings with the Fateweaver chill'in giving me Rerolls on my armour and Cover saves. Because I wasn't obviously playing a True Tower of Power Before!

O____o
    lul, wut?

It's a part of the game, and in all honesty for alot of the newer armies it's not that big of a deal. I see it being more of a crutch for Older Army books to help them limp into 6th ed.

Their is a Reason the IG are friends with everyone.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-25-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Occuli Imperator

Thematically some of it makes perfect sense, Imperial Guard with a small Space Marine force or GK or SoB fits perfectly well into the fluff. Some of it is a bit strange for instance I would not have my BA allied with Necrons, unless I was facing Nids to recreate the story in the codex.
    I can also see why eldar would ally with the imperium if the farseer sees that it is important for the mon keigh to win the battle after all they are playing the long game.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

"the long game" Hahahahaha!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

I play nids so I CANT use this rule, I mean I know it doesn't make sense fluff wise for nids to have allies, it doesn't change the fact that its yet another giant middle finger to the nids, because Purifiers weren't bad enough.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast