BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Not until your Eldar force outnumbers the rest of your armies. And ***** that we're drastically underpowered and overcosted on a regular basis

We Eldar folk are elitist :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

You clearly aren't aware that Farseers now kill Grey Knights like pros.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    All other allies you can argue, Tyranids are the great unthinkers, their fluff has moved beyond genestealer cults. They don't have allies because of it. Besides, they got massive buffs from 6th ed, Harpy is finally useful.
    ...Genestealer cults are mentioned in the fluff of their 5th ed. 'dex. Either you don't know what you're talking about, or you're from the future, when cults have been retconned in the 7th ed. 'dex. :P

As far as I'm concerned, Tyranids can ally with Imperial Guard, Orks, Tau, Eldar and Dark Eldar.

The backlash against allies really surprises me, especially considering just how limited the rule's apparently going to be. 1 Elites, 1 FA, 1 Heavy Support? The armies considered to be overpowered are so since they already have a wide selection of powerful units, a weaker codex borrowing a few powerful units isn't going to magically be stronger than the already powerful codices.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 06-25-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Brother-Captain

Genestealer Cults are mentioned, but I'm unaware of any Hive Fleet showing up and not eating the cultists early into the campaign. I, personally, think putting the genestealer cults back in would be rad as hell, but I don't think there's a Tyranid HQ that would let you do it. But, if Broodlords/Patriarchs got moved to HQ you could have a rad cult with a Primaris acting as a Magus. Stupid crap like this has me uber excited about 6th.

They usually get nommed, but when the design choice is between not giving the 'nids allies or mentioning "in more recent battles the Hive Mind assumes direct control over the cults rather than immediately consuming them.", I'd probably pick the option that doesn't close a single army out of a core game mechanic :P

Librarian

If Eldar + Eldar allows me to take more Harlequins, then I'm all for it.

Battle-Brother

I'll be using allies, because I want to use proper daemons with my CSMs again.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Raise your hand, or comment below, if you are NOT going to be using the new Allies Rule.

I for one won't be, as I don't feel the need or desire to. I don't see why it's in the BRB in the first place. For larger games perhaps, but that's Apocalypse where almost anything goes.
    I have Dark Angels, my son has Orks. There can be an alliance. After the shenanigans on Piscina IV you think that wouldn't happen, but there you go. That'll be fun. Doublewing with Warboss and Nobz as troops in a Battlewagon with outflanking deffkoptas.

Veteran-Sergeant

I want to play Orks, but I don't have the time, money, or energy to put together another army, especially when I can't seem to stop expanding the ones I have. But now I have the option to get just a few orks and use them as allies, which will be FUN.

40k is a game, it is supposed to be FUN. I can't see anything in the allies rule that isn't FUN, unless you always play against people who maximise their armies to try and table you in turn 3. Which, is not FUN anyway.

I've already ordered a Dakkajet. It will be FUN.

r
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Librarian

I will be using allies and I will be encouraging my friends, Tournament Organizers, and even my enemies to use allies.

They are now an integral part of the game. It's not like in WFB where it only impacts who your team tourney partner is, this is how you can now build your army list. To ignore it is to be a bad sport, to have bad sportsmanship.

It's like playing Hide and Seek only nobody can actually hide, they just stand around a room and wait to be tagged. It ends up not looking like the game at all, and those that have to play by these altered rules end up not having as much fun while the minority of players that prefer it this way tag them all out with ease.

I can understand being afraid of change. This is a big change in 40k. The last time we heard of allies was long before they were FAQ'd out of the Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters Codices. But now everyone can use them, so why are people complaining? If you're worried about your opponent having a broken ally combination in a tournament THEN BRING YOUR OWN.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast