BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

PC.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Do lines like this EVER actually work?

I dunno, I just always went with being genuine.

"Hi, I'm Sean, you look really nice tonight so I thought I'd try and come talk to you," never seemed to fail for me...

www.queencityguard.com

Same here. Apparently women appreciate honesty.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I refuse to go out with a boy who uses a chat up line on principle, even the Skyrim one though we ended up having a great chat about Skyrim.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

What about if it's an obvious joke?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I'm sorry, does this taste of rohypnol?

But yeah. I fear women. I don't know how to talk to them. At all.

But my word I hang out with hotties!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I refuse to go out with a boy who uses a chat up line on principle ....
    Hmmm. This cannot possibly be true, assuming you do actually date. If the man initiates the conversation, ultimately he'd have to use a chat up line, even if it's just, "Hello."

Of course, I supposed you could be the lioness, the dance floor is the Serengeti, and all those boys are unsuspecting gazelles.

Actually, that sounds a bit like my wife.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Well I don't mean things like 'Hi, my names Cornelius McNab, just wondering if you want to dance/chat/discuss the geopolitical ramifications of the Syrian civil war', I mean the silly things which are just calculated to be a vaguely subtler way of asking to have sex. Sincerity ftw. But no I don't date much, boys take up too much time that could be spent gaming or with friends.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    . But no I don't date much, boys take up too much time that could be spent gaming or with friends.
    Well, you are a Valkyrie in disguise. That can throw off guys who can't appreciate strong intelligent self- confidant women.

That being said, I'm right with Witt on this--"hi, I'm Jon" always served me fine. After that the nonverbal cues will let you know if the conversation is welcome or not.

Mr. M: the secret to conversing with women is deceptively simple--don't have an ulterior motive for the conversation. Just enjoy it for what it is and where it goes. Having a specific "goal" for talking to a lady--specifically in a club, or other social setting, is not a good idea. The "goal" tends to overshadow your personality and typically ends up with you shooting yourself on the foot.

Chapter-Master

Knew of a fella who used tp go into the street outside after kicking out time at 0200. If he was on his own, he used to shout at the top of his voice:

"BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTCHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

You would be surprised how many would either go over to remonstrate with him or whatever, and then would end up accompanying him away.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast