BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    That is the biggest bunch of bunk.
    Yes, some things got 'nerfed', but those things were BROKEN. They added serious amount of cool stuff to the tyranid codex, as well as some awesome models. To say it is tragic is a load of junk.

WHAT is tragic was taking a noble race like the Dwarves, and then call them Squats. Not only that, then making them look like a thuggy biker gang.
    Behave, Other than the Trygon and Swarmlord very little good was added to the 5th edition dex. Cruddance looked at everything that was good with the 4th Ed dex and smaked that and nigh on everything else with the Nerf Hammer. The loss of Eternal Warrior in Synapse killed Warriors, Raveners and Broodlords.
    No this world is theirs!

Brother-Captain

That is the biggest bunch of bunk.
    Yes, some things got 'nerfed', but those things were BROKEN. They added serious amount of cool stuff to the tyranid codex, as well as some awesome models. To say it is tragic is a load of junk.

WHAT is tragic was taking a noble race like the Dwarves, and then call them Squats. Not only that, then making them look like a thuggy biker gang.
    No. While some of the 4th stuff was broken, the 5th ed one is still crap. I can name at least one problem with every single entry in that codex except for Tyranid Warriors.

Well first look at the rules and the FAQ. What did we get?

Hmm question is the Jinks save considered a cover save? Because the FAQ for Hive Guard says you dont get cover saves unless in area cover....

Genestealers have lost charge on the turn they arrive. But the Brood lord could be a winner.
    Problem with this is that from the Biomancy table half the spells are shooting spell. Now nothing in the FAQ deals with " If you cant use the ability" But the BRB does sort of, it says if you roll the same ability again roll again, if you roll an ability that you cant use because its warp cost is hight than your ability, reroll. SO on that presidance i ask, If i roll a power i cant use due to my BS being 0 then i should just reroll till i get one i can use.

Winged HT, with twin devourers begin to look like the new auto include.

So i guess the balance will work out some, And just like the other armies we will have to adapt, lucky for the Nids we have been doing that for a long time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
    Could Tyranids ally with more Tyranids? I know that sounds really stupid, but if it is true that an ally can supply the mandatory, 1 HQ, 1 Troop and then 1 of any other choice (sans HQ), than a Tyranid army can "ally" with another Tyranid army, gaining another HQ slot and another additional slot of its choice in the rest of the force organization chart. I don't know what Games Workshop will put in the rulebook to address that, but if they don't prevent it (or maybe muck it up in the rulebook) then maybe Tyranids can get some extra force organization slots via using other Tyranids as "allies?" It sounds far-fetched but at least Tyranids would be able to benefit from the allies system that way...
    I can't see anyone else mentioning this so I'll pour cold water on your dreams - you cannot ally with anything from the same codex as you.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    No. While some of the 4th stuff was broken, the 5th ed one is still crap. I can name at least one problem with every single entry in that codex except for Tyranid Warriors.
    Whiners whining. That's stupid. I could complain about every entry in the space marine codex—they don't kill fast enough!

The tyranid codex rocks, just end of the days of endless swarm with 100 point monstrous creatures.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by angeleania View Post
    Hmm question is the Jinks save considered a cover save?
    Yes. Yes it is. It explictly states so in the jink rules. Twice in fact.

Whiners whining. That's stupid. I could complain about every entry in the space marine codex—they don't kill fast enough!

The tyranid codex rocks, just end of the days of endless swarm with 100 point monstrous creatures.
    Absouletly, you just have to know how to use it properly.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Not really, I'm talking fluff just as much as balance.

I never played the 4th ed codex like that because I can completely agree with you that it was silly. I can, however, go through the 5th ed codex and make changes to every entry bar Warriors to make it fit the fluff and be balanced without being anything like the dark days of the 4th ed codex.

In fact, I have. No doubt it will need revising due to the new rules, but most of it still stands.

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by KnightShift View Post
    Regarding the ability to add allies...

I run an Ork army. Think it would be possible/legal for my boyz to have some captured Tyranid genestealers that they could unleash as a nasty surprise? Wouldn't be "allied" in the classic sense but something that could be thrown in as an asset to my forces
    Why is this in the News and Rumors section of the forum? It should be in Discussion.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chapter-Master

That's a good question.

I'm also wondering if Tynskel is the only nidz player (I think you play nidz, right?) that isn't emo. You'd think GW put in a rule that nidz players have to dye their hair, wear eyeshadow, fishnets, and long bangs, and can't hang out with any of the cool people.

Oh, wait, I guess that last one is kind of an actual rule.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    That's a good question.

I'm also wondering if Tynskel is the only nidz player (I think you play nidz, right?) that isn't emo. You'd think GW put in a rule that nidz players have to dye their hair, wear eyeshadow, fishnets, and long bangs, and can't hang out with any of the cool people.

Oh, wait, I guess that last one is kind of an actual rule.
    For the record I love the Tyranid codex.

I just happen to be concerned with the army's capability for dealing with flyers. I realize that this is a problem many armies have right now, but with 'nids the problem seems more pronounced, because they won't ever get their own 'flyers' to counter them, and currently the most reliable options available are Flyrants and Harpies...which just don't seem to cut it in comparison (though I withhold final judgment until I've gotten some games under my belt). This is particular worrisome when considering how many flyers armies like IG and Necrons could potentially take...

It also bites that we're still waiting on a Harpy model...and personally I'd prefer some sort of melee variant. I'm not looking forward to being forced to include a 'Nid model with a gun in my army just to deal with a particular unit type. That's a matter of personal taste there, though.

Overall though? I love the 'nid book. I love sending swarms of gribblies to their doom, supported by hulking monsters that rip tanks apart (especially under the new rules, it looks like!).
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast