BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Crazy idea for Tyranids in 6th

Regarding the ability to add allies...

I run an Ork army. Think it would be possible/legal for my boyz to have some captured Tyranid genestealers that they could unleash as a nasty surprise? Wouldn't be "allied" in the classic sense but something that could be thrown in as an asset to my forces

For some unknown (read: stupid) reason, GW decided that Tyranids don't get any allies. :c

You could, using the ally ruleset, but only in friendly games.

Chapter-Master

It is totally stupid. It's done for fluff reasons and ones that make perfect sense. But they then undermine that by having totally stupid alliances that make no sense whatsoever under the fluff. Why in the name of the greater good would Tau ally with Daemons?? Sure, it took them a while to learn that Orks don't make good client races, but surely they have moved on from there by now?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

I'm sure that they used to have actual Ork/Genestealer hybrids back in 2nd
    but here is[URL="http://www.ninjabread.co.uk/2010/01/12/ork-genestealer-hybridz-shoota-boyz/"] Curtis (of Ninjabread fame) hybrids[/URL]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Seems the best nids can do is to ally Hive Fleet Kraken with Hive Fleet Leviathon, or somesuch.
    Embarking =/= Nemesis Force Weapon

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Why in the name of the greater good would Tau ally with Daemons??
    Kroot have been known to fall to Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Not to mention those blasted Renegade Tau under the influence of Commander Farsight. They're nothing more than pirates and mercenaries now. There's no telling where they'll draw the line.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Ah, but Kroot are mercenaries who work for whom ever they are not strictly speaking Tau
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I'm sure that they used to have actual Ork/Genestealer hybrids back in 2nd
    but here is[URL="http://www.ninjabread.co.uk/2010/01/12/ork-genestealer-hybridz-shoota-boyz/"] Curtis (of Ninjabread fame) hybrids[/URL]
    Those are fantastic.

What could have been, eh?

As it happens, I think they played it right to leave tyranids with no allies, but they need to balance it with something, or else it just makes tyranids plain worse in this regard than everyone else.

And tyranids are one army that really doesn't need that right now.

Isn't Farsight falling under the influence of Chaos these days? I thought that had been hinted at in the fluff...
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast