BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

can we get more rules answers? how does sniper work in the new book?

Chapter-Master

Anyone thinking about taking SP's and putting them in any old army they want... just realize that they are a HUGE killpoint sink and especially now that they only have 5+ FNP, they are incredibly fragile.

Default whining about Nids

Quote Originally Posted by Racalniog View Post
    Could you guys please stop whining about Nids and ask rule questions?
    1. Has attacking through cover changed?
    2. Has gathering after combat changed?
    Please like anyone is going to wake up to this list of random questions this long and start to answer them one by one. Your answers will be available at your local games workshop in 3 days. Go laugh at the staff,they won't know what to tell you either.

So back to moaning about how Nids suc, Carifex points values do take the pee. Why can't you consolidate into close combat? they have blinking snap fire to counter it. Back to working out how many stealers I need leave out of the kill zone so I don't destroy a unit in the 1st round of combat and find myself stood out in the open with a whole army about to shoot me, Yep nothing is broken in 40k.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    You fail to realise that in the fluff, chainswords can easily go through power armour. Power weapons were designed to penetrate termy armour
    I don't think you understand. I was saying that all power weapons should still be AP2. I'm of the same mind as you. Chainswords don't go through power armour easily though, just easier than a normal combat weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by wash-away View Post
    Your army has to exchange combat tactics for it not just the units that want it.
    Yes of course you "exchange" it but you don't exchange it on a unit-by-unit basis. You lose combat tactics everywhere and gain Vulkan's OP weapons. Please refer to the exact codex wording.

If it said "your forces" or "your army and allies" it would work for the guard detachment... and it still might, we need a FAQ/ruling from GW!

Do you see how it's possible now? If the detachment was the same as any other force in your army... then yes, IG vets with BS4 twin linked meltaguns. No armor would be safe.

Battle-Brother

I'm calling BS until the book comes out or gork and mork say other wise

What does the Fortress of Redemption give you for 220 points? I am dying to find out! Are there any upgrades that you can buy for it? What do those do? Thanks for all the great info!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    I don't think you understand. I was saying that all power weapons should still be AP2. I'm of the same mind as you. Chainswords don't go through power armour easily though, just easier than a normal combat weapon.
    Sorry, I quoted the wrong person.
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by karlthepagan View Post
    Yes of course you "exchange" it but you don't exchange it on a unit-by-unit basis. You lose combat tactics everywhere and gain Vulkan's OP weapons. Please refer to the exact codex wording.

If it said "your forces" or "your army and allies" it would work for the guard detachment... and it still might, we need a FAQ/ruling from GW!

Do you see how it's possible now? If the detachment was the same as any other force in your army... then yes, IG vets with BS4 twin linked meltaguns. No armor would be safe.
    I agree, at least with what little we know right now. Vulkan makes anyone with combat tactics lose the rule and then EVERY flamer / melta in the army (even units that never had combat tactics, Land Speeders etc.) get the benefit from it.

I'm not sure it's as broken as it sounds though. Yeah, vehicles aren't safe, but with hull points they aren't really safe anyway... There's also that bit where if your transport with the vets gets stunned they can't fire in the next shooting phase, and shaken only BS1.

STOP!

What does Relentless do for you today, as right now, given the change to rapid fire, Phaeron is a pointless upgrade??????

CARRY ON!

(points for anyone who spots my homage!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast