BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default 6th ed Physic Powers

Ok so this was already quoted elsewhere, but it deserves it own thread cos its pretty important

Seems pretty fair...not much in the way of bad powers.

BUT i'm not sure these are genuine? Because WD talks about a power that effects vehicles, that you should always swap just in case you end up against Nids. And i don't see anything like that in the list

Red is my comments :P

Quote Originally Posted by DrWobbles View Post
    from dakkadakka's rattman

ok so pyschic powers
    biomancy
    primary power is a basic smite

caster gets D3 str and toughness
    target unit get -1 str and toughness - Rad grenades for everyone!
    target unit get FNP
    assault 2 every unsaved would heals one off caster
    pysker get +d3 init
    target makes toughness test or take 1 wound no save, if slain jumps to model with in 2' and make save. continue till someone saves or no targets left - Argh! Virus bombs!

divination
    primary target unit rerolls failed hits - Eldar guide power now for everyone!
    psycher and unit gain counter attack and get full BS for overwatch
    target unit gain 4++
    target unit must reroll passed armor saves - Inverse Fortune? Could be good!
    psycher and unit ignore cover - Good against dug in units...or fast vehicles
    psyker rerolls failed failed hits, wounds and armor saves - And Eldar fortune+
    psyker roll 3 dicechoose the result you want when rolling for reserves, outflank and mysterious terrain - WINNING!

pyromancy unsuprisingly lots of fire!
    primary flame breath (flamer)
    psyker gains 4+ invo
    target unit gains 4+ cover save
    flame attack assault 1, sould blaze (no idea) blast, ignore cover
    target model takes 1 wound , no armor or cover save allowed, place small blast template anyone hit takes a str 4 ap 5 hit
    assault 2d6, blind, ignore cover attack - Blind?
    str 8, ap 1 assault 1, melta

telekenisis
    assault 1 str 6 . strikedown (halves init and target moves as if its dangerous terrain)
    roll 2d6 target takes hit equal to strength (11 or 12 auto wound) ap is equal to seperate dice roll
    remove models from table, deepstrike within 24 inchs of where they were - can they then assault? Or just last turn objective snatching
    hostile unit must reroll hits and wounds of 6
    assault D6 pinning attack
    all friendlies with 12 inchs get 5++
    str 10, heavy 1 blast - good, as longas it don't backfire...dno't try using this against Eldar

telepathy
    primary 3d6 - target leadership wounds to target unit
    target unit has to make leadership roll or do nothing - A pinning test then?
    target freindly stops falling back and gets fearless
    hostile model makes an attack as if it owned by psyker - Depends on war gear limitations..and in C or Ranged?
    target hostile losses fearless and treats all units as fear causing - He he he he....making demons run from combat
    invisibility gains shrouding and stealth, hostiles charged by this unit lose counter attack and fight at WS 1 - could be great for units in cover
    roll on table 1-2 unit pinned, 3-4 cannot run, shoot or stirke blows 5-6 attack own unit

What are your thoughts?

And just in case you missed it, or want to know what you can take....Powers Chart!

Last edited by DrLove42; 06-27-2012 at 05:00 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Very interesting. Gto to remember every unit has their Ceny the Witch saves, so these may not bas quite as devastating as they might appear. Especially if you have enough psychcic hoods floating around.

Also, Telepathy power may not just be a pinning test. In 5th Ed, pinned units go to ground (may change, not sure). This might mean they are just standing up in the open, unable to move and very very vulnerable.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Not everyone gets physic hoods. And Deny the Witch....and as anyone with Kroot, Wyches, Sisters or Wracks will tell you....how often do you manage a 6+?

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Not everyone gets physic hoods. And Deny the Witch....and as anyone with Kroot, Wyches, Sisters or Wracks will tell you....how often do you manage a 6+?
    If you're me, quite a lot. (Mr. Average Breaker over here!)

I like the new psychic powers, should chop up the game a lot. Add variety.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

From what i gather, i believe eldar farseers may be psyker mastery level 4. this would allow them to use two warp charge 2 powers or four warp charge 1 powers.

I think.

Chapter-Master

That'd be pretty good. I expected them to be 2, 3 if thye buy Spirit Stones, and Eldrad at 4.

Each of the Lores has a general theme i must say

Biomancy - Stat Line Changes
    Divination- My favourite i think. Improving you, making your unit better than they should be
    Pyromancy - Blunt tool for smashing people with.
    Telekenis - Direct hits against the enemy. Hurting
    Telepathy - Mind powers (unsuprisingly). Leaderships buffs and affected the table around you

Chapter-Master

So basically a bunch of powers that we as Eldar already have, we get to choose from again? Thats rich.

Occuli Imperator

So Pyromancy & Telekenis are going to be the easiest ones to use, with teh buffing ones the hardest and possibly best (obviously it is all situational though)
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    So basically a bunch of powers that we as Eldar already have, we get to choose from again? Thats rich.
    Yep. It annoys the hell out of me for a few reasons

1) No unique ness anymore really
    2) We have to pay for codex powers, then give them up, to get acess to the same powers marines get for free

When Eldar get a new book....urgh....we had better be awesome. our own lore or such kickass codex power we wouldn't even consider swapping

1) We will get our own discipline in our next book
    2) We get more powers and thus more chance of getting the ones we want and we still have the option to buy some so we can rely on getting things we need.

Honestly given how powerful Ghosthelm and our Runes are now if our Farseers are Mastery 4 to boot they are the best in the game. We can increase the odds of perils much more and thanks to Ghosthelm we get the only save against them.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-27-2012 at 08:03 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast