BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    I don't agree with that viewpoint. The Tyranid codex has a lot of awesome in it. Especially with these new rules. Carnifexes are Back, Baby! 5 re-rolling to hit, no make that 6 from rage!, str 10 attacks that go at I4 through cover. oh, and a plasma cannon.
    Arg! Everyone seems to have forgotten how synapse works. You can't just switch on rage by being out of synapse. You have to be out of synapse AND THEN fail a leadership test. You can't rely on it.

I don't disagree that the bug book isn's unusable; it's all I've used for two years. It's just noticably worse than the others, in terms of design and internal balance.

EDIT: check out the pseudo quadruple negative there, "I don't disagree that the bug book isn't unusable". Nice. nice.
    Last edited by Guidebot; 06-26-2012 at 08:50 AM.

On the one mission where you deploy on the short table edges, what are the exact rules for deployment zones? I see this deployment really f ing over assault armies...

I believe it is just an assumption based on the posted Allies page that you can't ally with ones own codex? The possibility remains that the full write up of allies rules will specify that an army can always ally with itself. I could be wrong of course, but I wouldn't give up all hope just yet.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Guidebot View Post
    Arg! Everyone seems to have forgotten how synapse works. You can't just switch on rage by being out of synapse. You have to be out of synapse AND THEN fail a leadership test. You can't rely on it.

I don't disagree that the bug book isn's usable; it's all I've used for two years. It's just noticably worse than the others, in terms of design and internal balance.
    I was well aware of that. But Carnis are Ld 7.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Sergeant

I went through all the pages in this post, and I'm still wondering about No Retreat and whether or not they "fixed" it (read, scrapped), or changed Combat Resolution for the better.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Compensation?
    For being the ONLY race without the ability to ALLY &/OR Break the force-org chart ?
    and thus able to make some very useful -or- dare I say in some cases: Broken/OP combo's ?

1 - Other races have monstrous creatures too.
    2 - Harpy? um yeah, for the rich Nid player, maybe 1 model won't suck as much as it used too.
    3 - Nids have too many of their better units under the Elites slot. and not enough room on a force org chart to take em.
    4. Nids have taken repeated and almost deliberate beatings from the Nerf Bat and feel like the abused puppy that no one wants of the 40k universe.
    Sorry buddy, but there are plenty of units that got a buff:
    Raveners are beasts: assault through cover! Hurray.
    Flying Monsterous Creatures, Harpies with twin-lined venom cannons ('rich' tyranid player. If you have more than 2 tyranid monsterous creatures, you have plenty of bits to combine with the hive tyrant kit to make a harpy, I should know. I have converted one).

Rage +2 attacks. RAGE!

Assault Ranges increased!
    Preferred Enemy improved Tyranid Shooting: THINK Devourer Termagants with Preferred Enemy in a Spore Pod... or Death Spitter Warriors... Or even Tyrannofexes... Most tyranid guns are pretty good, it was just their BS that was decent. With re-rolls their guns are now fantastic.

AP 1 is now +2 = Zoans are even better. Not to mention all the new psyker powers.
    2+ armor is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    I was well aware of that. But Carnis are Ld 7.
    So, there's just under a 60% chance that they'll PASS the test (58.34%, roughly). Getting one extra attack 42.66% of the time that I'm not in synapse does not make carnifexes significantly different than they already were; totally eclipsed by the shadow of the trygon.

Yes, some things have changed, and there may be scope for wound play on fex broods now, but remember how points inefficient the fex is next to the trygon, and all the changes to MCs will affect trygons also. Meanwhile the fex still has two less WS, no hope to strike before anything after the charge (if you got it), a token plasma cannon that wasn't great before and seems unlikely to be now, two fewer wounds, two fewer attacks, is not fleet... the points are a joke on one of the two, and it ain't the trygon.

Shooty fexes now may be okay, though, given vehicles vulnerability and snapfiring. But only okay.

Veteran-Sergeant

Nids def got buffed specially if you can hit vehicles easier in combat. Also beasts = grenades... (well ignore cover when charging) and to top it off you can actually kill tanks by glancing them! IMO all round awesome.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

Uhh, ever race can break FoC at 2000pts (open another FOC), you just can't ally.
    I wonder how does this work exactly?

Say, we agree on a 3.5k game, do we get one 2000point list, and one 1500point list, or 2x 1750 list? Or something freely chosen?

Also, if we go for 2001pts game, can we take 2 focs, and how are the points divided?

BTW, still no word if assault weapons are gonna justify nemesis falchions being only +1A :P

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I believe it is just an assumption based on the posted Allies page that you can't ally with ones own codex? The possibility remains that the full write up of allies rules will specify that an army can always ally with itself. I could be wrong of course, but I wouldn't give up all hope just yet.
    There is no real point to allying with yourself. Unique characters would be the reason to ally with yourself, and uniques can only be taken once...

There might be a 0-1, that *might* be the only instance where that would be important.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast