BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Beamo View Post
    Everything should be pretty terrified of Terminators, and they've actually been way too easy to kill since the 2nd-3rd edition switch.
    Not at their current point cost they aren't. Vanilla Hammernators are considerably undercosted by 10 to 15pts a model for what they do in 5th.

Hello, thanks for providing this awesome info!

Two things Im curious about.

1. How do master crafted weapons work? Rumor has it wielder gets 2+ inv save.

2. Are all power weapons considered a power sword now in terms of AP value? Or is this something addressed in each of the individual army updates I guess are being released this weekend.

Scout

Just a question about allies. Please tell me that this is an optional thing. I really don't want to see things like Tau/Necron list with nightfighting as their defense. I.e. keep you in the dark, while Tau use their superior night fighting distance. as for the rest of stuff, it'll take a bit to get used to but nothing super uber that shifts the game in a undesirable direction. Though I have to admit the things i'm hearing about fleet and fast vehicles makes me smile, tired of facing BA razor/pred spam and nid horde lists.

Can we get any clarification on the specifics of the one deployment where you use the short table edges?

Battle-Brother

Can you use your guns in combat?

EX: plasma pistol's on assault marines?

With regards to allies, it was noted earlier that the order in which allies were listed on the [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=15& aId=22400024a&start=16&multiPageMode=true"]GW site[/URL] had some correlation to the bosom buddies vs no way in hell. If you skim the Tau version, you'll note the top 2 are Eldar & SM< suggesting they are Brothers in Arms, (full access to special rules/etc). Next we see BT through Necrons through SW, suggesting that they are allies of convenience. I believe that means we SHOULD see some disparity with the night fighting/enhanced senses argument. Daemons/DE close out the list in the worst case allies scenario.

I am intrigued at the concept of Eldar allies w/ Tau. Guide or Fortune? Yes please!

As I wait with baited breath for my own book, everything I'm reading here is making be a very happy camper. I find the overwhelming majority of discussion points to go a long way towards redeeming the 'game' aspect of this gaming hobby of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.insanotron View Post
    So relentless has no effect on rapid fire weapons anymore. It this right?
    No, it means you can double tap at full range, and assault, so Chaos' combi-bolters just became better than stormbolters, and 1k Sons are a bit better.

Chapter-Master

I think Jetbike Guardians will make a fine addition to the Tau.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Any word on new fluff developing?

Deep Striking? Has it changed. I.E can daemons now assult 2d6 on the turn they land?

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast