BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    I wonder how does this work exactly?

Say, we agree on a 3.5k game, do we get one 2000point list, and one 1500point list, or 2x 1750 list? Or something freely chosen?

Also, if we go for 2001pts game, can we take 2 focs, and how are the points divided?
    I would imagine that up to 2000pts you get 1 FOC then at the 2001 you can then have two FOCs, I don't imagine that you would be forced to split it into two detachments i.e. 1001pts & 1000pts, you just get double the number of slots. That means SW could take loads of HQs
    This being able to take multiple FOCs isn't new I think it was in 4th?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Oh I don't know, allying with yourself and getting an extra slot in each FOC area seems worthwhile up to 2k points, also make it fairer on 'nids.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Guidebot View Post
    So, there's just under a 60% chance that they'll PASS the test (58.34%, roughly). Getting one extra attack 42.66% of the time that I'm not in synapse does not make carnifexes significantly different than they already were; totally eclipsed by the shadow of the trygon.

Yes, some things have changed, and there may be scope for wound play on fex broods now, but remember how points inefficient the fex is next to the trygon, and all the changes to MCs will affect trygons also. Meanwhile the fex still has two less WS, no hope to strike before anything after the charge (if you got it), a token plasma cannon that wasn't great before and seems unlikely to be now, two fewer wounds, two fewer attacks, is not fleet... the points are a joke on one of the two, and it ain't the trygon.

Shooty fexes now may be okay, though, given vehicles vulnerability and snapfiring. But only okay.
    Dude, Carnifexes got a major boost from these rules. Since 2d6 armor pen is gone, Carnies are the only way to bring REAL pain. 5 re-rolling to hit str 10 attacks is serious business. You are being silly to think the plasma cannon is no good. Especially since all you need to do is hit with the blast to get full strength vs vehicles. The Carnifex WILL smash a vehicle it charges.

Re-roll to with with 5 attacks that pretty much auto glance everything but land raiders (and occasional leman russ). All you need is 3 hits, bam, almost every vehicle in the game is DEAD.

Now, if they got rid of the 'back armor' rule, carnifexes, still, will smash vehicles like nobody's business.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

First-Captain

Hmm Tau and Marines battle brothers... Am I the only one who finds that strange, a race of xenophobes who barely have history of fighting beside the Tau, and they are Battle brothers?

Tau and Eldar I can understand, since the Eldar created the Tau that are around today.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Hmm Tau and Marines battle brothers... Am I the only one who finds that strange, a race of xenophobes who barely have history of fighting beside the Tau, and they are Battle brothers?

Tau and Eldar I can understand, since the Eldar created the Tau that are around today.
    Space Marines are not Xenophobes. (individual chapters, maybe)

This has been long time in the making.
    Ultramarines have been working with the Tau for a long time. Have you played Firewarrior?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post

Wasn't there a fluff rumor for the new Edition that said the SM discover that the Emperor was "looking for a race that could withstand the effects of chaos because said race would be the key to the salvation of the universe and humanity"? Furthermore that the SM discover the race the emperor was looking for was the Tau.

Thats just a rumor I read somewhere...take with huge grains of salt. But it does make sense given Kritoris's hint and the ally chart.

Thank you for all of the information... that took forever to compile into a more organized format to share with my gaming buddies.

Any more specifics on Nids? So far it seems like they got shafted... No allies, no buildings....

6E = no Nids love *sad panda face*

There is no real point to allying with yourself. Unique characters would be the reason to ally with yourself, and uniques can only be taken once...

There might be a 0-1, that *might* be the only instance where that would be important.
    You are wrong there.
    Just for the GK:
    - Extra captain / Grand master
    or
    - Extra Brotherhood champion

Both truly boost the units prowess they are joined (brotherhood champion by far, if you have geared your forces toward close combat..

Also, what is the iniative penalty for power axe exactly, is it the same unwieldy that force axe has? or some other, say a flat -1 penalty?

Also, is the unwieldy i1 written in stone, or does furious charge, or some other modifier (like psychic power: Quicksilver) make it other than i1?

/EDIT:
    Also, what about two-handed weapons (close combat ones in particular) what bonuses & penalties?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Stoogey View Post
    Scatter die.
    As in: DIE, DIE YOU FOUL XENO SCUM! SCATTER AND DIE!
    Please tell me you have the rulebook and confirmed this. It has been the single most annoying bit of wording in 5th.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Space Marines are not Xenophobes. (individual chapters, maybe)

This has been long time in the making.
    Ultramarines have been working with the Tau for a long time. Have you played Firewarrior?
    You mean when Tau and Marines are at war, and they only work together due to chaos?

Yes I've read the novel, my first warhammer book I have read.

They have not been working together for a long time, I mean look at damacles crusade

Also Marines are massive xenophobe, reading Horuse Heresey series, one of the captains gets chided in Fulgrim for mentioning working with the aliens below.

I think they should work together, if the Imperium don't start getting allies where they can, they will be wiped out. But they are allies of convienience, at least from a marines perspective. Not battle brothers.
    For the Greater good.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast