BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Aren't Deathwing going to be extremely good now?

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Please tell me you have the rulebook and confirmed this. It has been the single most annoying bit of wording in 5th.
    In English, as opposed to American English, 'dice' can be used as both singular and plural.

From the OED:
    "1751 MRS. E. HEYWOOD Hist. Betsy Thoughtless IV. 202 Protesting never to touch a card or throw a dice again."

That said, I think having the clear distinction between 'die' and 'dice' is useful from a linguistic point of view and prefer the American Standard, despite my leanings toward the British placement of inverted commas, both single and double. I am a professional writer and a massive nerd, and so I apologize for this terribly off-topic and increasingly pedantic rambling.

"Allready" is not a word.
    If you're going to be a prig, at least be flawless in your prig-ness.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by krittoris View Post
    stopped in-between work to answer what i can:

FORCE WEAPONS?
    force weapons are as follows

grey knights force weapons are AP3 like power weapons

force staff - 2+ strength AP4
    force axe - 1+ strenght, AP1, INITATIVE 1.
    force sword - ap 3 normal initative.

grey knight and units or models with special force weapons do NOT follow this chart and use there codex versions.

to show what a force weapon type your using, you just look at the model and whatever it is modelled with is what you get, no points differential.
    Are you sure axes are Initiative 1? Wouldn't that make them pointless when you could just have fist/hammer?

Really, really not liking that power swords are only AP3. A power field carves through all armour, shortening the blade and having more haft shouldn't make it AP2, they should all be AP2. Terminator armour didn't need to be better.

First-Captain

TBH termy armour does have a force field protecting it, but thats the invun save. Power weapons should be ap 2
    For the Greater good.

are you sure axes are Initiative 1? Wouldn't that make them pointless when you could just have fist/hammer?
    Well, if power sword and axe costs the same pointwise, and hammers / fists etc cost extra, in these cases i could find it a suitable trade:

- My iniative is lower anyway, so any case, i will be hitting last, so it would be a good trade to atleast try to get a better hit through.

- In armies where you can take more of these weapons, it will easily start to consume points (klaws for 10 nobs cost 225 points) - i know its not substitute for other power weapon, but only example i remembered how expensive fists are.. (probably blood angels have lots of models that can be geared with all fists for example)

- With axe you probably can still have +1A from pistol in CC, unlike fist? (Not sure on this tho)

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    TBH termy armour does have a force field protecting it, but thats the invun save. Power weapons should be ap 2
    Absolutely not. Terms are not the only units with 2+ saves. This is one of the better changes in this edition, as it makes a useful distinction between non-invul save armor. Power weapons were much to globally powerful and im glad they got the nerf.

Artificer armor finally makes sense again.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LoreDraconis View Post
    Absolutely not. Terms are not the only units with 2+ saves. This is one of the better changes in this edition, as it makes a useful distinction between non-invul save armor. Power weapons were much to globally powerful and im glad they got the nerf.

Artificer armor finally makes sense again.
    No, there is absolutely no reason that a sword is AP3 and an axe is AP2. They both use power fields, and should both cut through all armour. Terminators are already good, they didn't need to get a hell of a lot better. Banshees just became terrified of terminators too.

First off, let me say thank you very much for doing this . Second, some rules questions:

1. What are Witchblades?

2. How are psychic powers generated (do we just pick which ones we want, or do we roll on a chart)?

3. How has the fluff changed? Much like Eldargirl, I really want to know .

4. How do using psychic powers work for psykers without mastery levels? For example, Eldrad, he may use on psychic power, a second from spirit stones (which say "A Farseer with Spirit Stones may use two psychic powers per turn), and a third do to his stick ("If Eldrad is not in Assault, It can allow Eldrad to use a third psychic power per turn, which may be a psychic power he has already used that turn). Further more, Eldrad gets four psychic powers from the new Disciplines, in any combination, according to the White Dwarf. Does this then make him mastery level 4, 3, or are we going to wait until a FAQ to know?

Thanks once again for doing this.

Terminators will indeed be good, apart from GK terminators with their AP3 weapons. The paladin list seems to have taken a pretty severe nerf to the face actually, with wound allocation fixed and ap3 weapons. Psycannons are less effective against vehicles, too. Psyflemen are somewhat nerfed too, as they used to ignore glancing hits but will now eventually die to them.

Conversely, Marine and chaos terminators will be excellent. If you want to beat my armour you have to be initiative 1, and not mind being hit by a power fist, or you can be a dread or MC.

But then again, terminators are vulnerable to plasma and to weight of fire. So that's something.

ICs appear to get tougher in close combat if I'm understanding the look out sir bit right. Now if somebody smacks them with a power fist they get to let somebody else take the hit. Actually, you might send your ICs after people's power fist dudes on purpose, if you remove casualties from b2b first. The IC should kill the fist and even if he doesn't somebody else will probably take the forthcoming battering.

A logan list, featuring terminators with assorted combi-weapons, might be pretty formidable I think.

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast