BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clively View Post
    Shoot things. duh.

Oh, and if they roll a 6 on the to-hit, then they pick the target that was wounded.
    And AP1. on a 6 that is.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gannam View Post
    What are the new rules for rage quitting?
    Roll a D6, 1-2 punch opponent, 3-4 step on all miniatures, 5-6 flip table.
    +1 to the roll if you play nids or tau!

-----------

I wonder where krittoris disappeared.. There's still lots of intriquing questions to be answered

Battle-Brother

Hate to rain on everyone's Pedro Cantor and Vulkan allies/list combos, but the rumor is that special characters aren't allowed for the allies list. So no re-roll meltas/flamers for guard... Unless of course your main is the marines and the ally is the guard, but the points sink of the guard in that scenario would be too high to actually be able to protect Vulkan. Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkgasoline View Post
    I think terminators would still eat them, since it's quite expensive to shell out for multiple fists in a DC squad.
    You're crazy. Just played in a tournament this past weekend where my 5 man assault squad plus Priest took out a unit of 7 Terminators in 1 round. And I only had one Power Weapon. Death Company currently kick the crap out of Termies. They will do so even more come 6th. Reroll 1s to hit AND wound? Yes please. That almost guarantees every Thunder Hammer or Power Fist that hits wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by LidlessPraetor View Post
    Hate to rain on everyone's Pedro Cantor and Vulkan allies/list combos, but the rumor is that special characters aren't allowed for the allies list. So no re-roll meltas/flamers for guard... Unless of course your main is the marines and the ally is the guard, but the points sink of the guard in that scenario would be too high to actually be able to protect Vulkan. Just my 2 cents...
    I hope this is the case. There are too many power lists and "theme counts-as" lists that start with some of the more questionable special characters. At least this will force players to choose which way they want to go when they min-max their list instead of just cherry-picking all the most broken chars/units for their allies list.

Might go a long way towards alleviating the major concerns with allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Sorry buddy, but there are plenty of units that got a buff:
    Raveners are beasts: assault through cover! Hurray.
    Flying Monsterous Creatures, Harpies with twin-lined venom cannons ('rich' tyranid player. If you have more than 2 tyranid monsterous creatures, you have plenty of bits to combine with the hive tyrant kit to make a harpy, I should know. I have converted one).

Rage +2 attacks. RAGE!

Assault Ranges increased!
    Preferred Enemy improved Tyranid Shooting: THINK Devourer Termagants with Preferred Enemy in a Spore Pod... or Death Spitter Warriors... Or even Tyrannofexes... Most tyranid guns are pretty good, it was just their BS that was decent. With re-rolls their guns are now fantastic.

AP 1 is now +2 = Zoans are even better. Not to mention all the new psyker powers.
    2+ armor is even better.
    I see you ignored most of the counter arguments coredump had.

Beasts 'ignoring terrain' has been questioned by others claiming to have seen the rulebook. Move Through Cover =/= ignoring terrain. And the Instadeath is worse than ever with 5+ cover, expect Raveners to stay on the shelves.

Harpies need a serious buff to even be deployed outside beer&pretzels games. Psyflemen and missile spam just deletes them currently. MC Flyer rules sounds good though, we just have to wait until november to get an official model.

We still don't know if the Rage bonus is IN ADDITION TO the normal bonus attack from charging. Plus I'm tired of people going on about how great this is, like it is something you can form a tactic around, and not just a random bonus.

Average assault ranges for our dedicated assault units are decreased, with the loss of Fleet. Not increased. We also lose the tactical aspect of Fleet - the ability to move into cover with the run roll if it was too low to reach with the following assault move. Now you have to leave it to the dice gods whether you make it or is caught in the open with your pants down. Plus the always measure distances along with removing casualties from the front introduces a new anti-Tyranid element - kiting.

Preferred Enemy is really good - it's nerfed in combat but the shooting bonus is nice for T-fexes, Hive Guards and deployed Devilgants. We still don't know if you can use it against vehicles in combat, but your spore pod example is silly, as coredump pointed out.
    Basically it gives Nid shooting +1 to hit, at least the units you can cram 6" around your Hive Tyrant. I wouldn't say that makes the Tyranid shooting 'fantastic', but it goes a way to bring our long range shooting up from a terrible to at least a mediocre level. Hive Guards are fantastic though, I wonder how the Impaler Cannon will be nerfed in the codex errata.

As coredump said, the vehicle damage table is softer in 6th ed, so the effects of Warp Lance AP1 hasn't changed.

The ability to switch weak psychic powers for random ones is good though. At this point I'm not sure what the three basic powers are, but more tactical tools is always a good thing.

2+ armour save seems great, mostly because I think it nerfes GK's a bit.

Another MC boost is now they only need to be 25% obscured to get a cover save, plus they get better protection from FNP as it will work even against armour ignoring weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by wash-away View Post
    How does fearless work?

how will disembarking from a drop pod work?

can sniper weapons actually pic out targets as rumored?

also to the vulkan guard friends. Don't get to excited, you have to give up 'combat tactics' to get twin linked anything.
    Nope, you give up combat tactics for the entire army to have twinlinked flamers meltas, that's why it works with things like dreds and land raiders.

can anyone explain to me how vehicle penetration works now?
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    can anyone explain to me how vehicle penetration works now?
    From the first post.

Vehicle and Damage
    - New Vehicle Damage Chart, one to rule them all. 1-2 being Shaken, 3 Stunned, 4 and 5 Weapon Destroyed and Immobilised, and 6 Explodes! You only roll the table if the shot penetrate the Armour. Wrecks occur only from taking certain amount of Glancing Hits.
    - AP 2 weapons add +1 to the chart, while AP1 adds +2.
    - AP"-" is no longer -1 on the table.
    - Open-Topped is +1 as well.
    - No more "Half Strength if the center hole is off", you always use full strength for any blast that hits the vehicle.
    - Hull Points - a new style "wound" for vehicles. Any Glancing Hits removes 1 Hull Point, Penetrate Hit removes 1 Hull Point as well as rolling on the Damage Chart above. If reduced to 0 HP, the vehicle becomes Wreck.
    - Vehicles has 3 or 4 HP, notable 4 HP vehicles are Ghost Ark, Land Raider, and Monolith. Details can be found in the rulebook appendix. (Bloodwing stated that some player propose that the formula for Hull Points is Front + Side(once) + Rear divide by 3. Fractions rounding down - this seems to be true.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I love your points about the Nids Tynskel.

Particularly the "carnifex got better because MC's lost 2D6 Pen".......you realise that thats not a case of the fex getting better, its just a case of the fex getting slightly less shafted.

Heres another one for people:
    explain, given what we know, how a unit of T3 6+ save hormaguants are EVER going to get into combat with equivalent points of marines. Don't forget to take into account. they move 6 (Infantry) Run or charge 2d6 (cannot charge after run any more) with a re-roll (statistically that 7'), remove casualties form the front of a unit, give the enemy a free round of shooting just by celaring a charge, Oh and to top it off... the marines can still sit in a crater and strike first.

edit: and rapid fire just got a boost too.

edit2: As to fex plasma....again ITS NOT A BOOST, its AP2 give it +1 on the chart, puts it in exactly th same position as it was last edition.....
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-26-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by LidlessPraetor View Post
    Uh oh. That squishes my Sicarius/Outflanking Tactical squad with Stormtalon and Thunderfire cannon idea...

I know. Master of the Forge+ Scouts+ Land Speeder Storm + Stormtalon+ Thunderfire cannon!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast