BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Full strength blasts are a big boost to some units (Most russ variants, doomsday ark, vindicator etc) and Manticores are a parking lot's worst enemy now.

Any word on whether blast weapons can be used on flyers? They can't in apocalypse but I haven't seen confirmation in the new rules. If so they're one of the most reliable ways (excepting skyhammer anti air) to take down a flyer so seems unlikely.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Not really, previously Raveners could move, run, assault 12. If running is out, they can only move then assault 2D6 with a re-roll.

Also, Trygons are still better and we all know it. The amount of damage a Carnifex can do was never the problem, it's the massive cost for not much resilience which makes them bad.
    oky doky. Although, I must admit, being able to strike at I5 is worth the hit on the speed.

Carnifexes are much better off with these new rules. The Trygon is reduced to 3 attacks at Str10. The Carnifex is always str10 on the charge, and can charge through terrain. Not to mention, with the stomp attack, you are strength 10 vs all sorts of things...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Tynskel....again I say that the carni is not "better off" its less ****E!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    No, there is absolutely no reason that a sword is AP3 and an axe is AP2. They both use power fields, and should both cut through all armour. Terminators are already good, they didn't need to get a hell of a lot better. Banshees just became terrified of terminators too.
    Compared to a sword swing, an axe delivers more cleaving power against a smaller target area, making it more effective against armor, due to concentrating more of its weight in the axehead. Thus AP2 vs the sword's 3. If the power field just ate everything regardless of swing power, we wouldn't even use Strength vs. Toughness to determine the wounds.

Everything should be pretty terrified of Terminators, and they've actually been way too easy to kill since the 2nd-3rd edition switch.

Holy crap...I just realized a beautiful thing. A Techmarine with with 2+ armor, and a full squad of servitors, 2 with heavy bolters can walk behind my dread firing off snapshots as they go. With the change to powerweps and the addition of "look out sir" he can actually charge into combat and do some serious damage without fear of getting instantly singled out and neutralized by the first power wep that swings his way. He can also move to repair without preventing his entire squad from firing their heavy weapons.

Could Techies possibly actually become somewhat viable?! Seems too good to be true...i think i might cry...

Chapter-Master

uh... hv weapons...
    snap shots are BS1...
    so you'll hit like 2 times...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Tynskel....again I say that the carni is not "better off" its less ****E!
    oh come on. the carnifex is pretty much guaranteed to destroy ANY vehicle it comes in contact with.

You just need 4 glances. That's not unreasonable against land raiders. Maybe the blood thirster can do this, but it doesn't have re-rolls to hit. This is MUCH better than before.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 06-26-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

.....it already was pretty much guaranteed to destroy any vehicle it came into contact with.

landraiders included!

i would wish for a scan of the psychic powers...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    .....it already was pretty much guaranteed to destroy any vehicle it came into contact with.

landraiders included!
    no, not very likely. It was likely to put some damage on a land raider.
    Re-rolling to hit 6s is not very good.

Now, its re-rolling to hit 3-4s, which is pretty much all of them, every time. Then you need 4 4+. The best part is you get 4, it is dead. and if you don't get 4, any pens have the potential to kill it.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast