BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thank you for the info!

Can you confirm that the Storm Raven (not stormtalon, the BA/GK aircraft) is appearing in the new book under vehicles available to vanilla Space marines?

Any other restricted vehicles appearing in surprising new places?

What can you tell us about changes to how techmarines work with the new hull point system? I read they repair d3 hullpoints per round. Do they roll as before? Do they repair status effects in addition to hull points?

Any new universal wargear like fantasy has in its Magic item section?

Much appreciated

Brother-Captain

Rapid Fire weapons can now fire at target 24" away irregardless of moving or not. (or choose to fire twice at target 12" away)
    Is rapid fire only 24" now? So Tau Pulse Rifles are 24" now instead of 30"?

Are reserves rolled for in the same way (4+ to arrive on turn 2, 3+ to arrive on turn 3, etc.)?

It looks like Turboboost is gone, so does that mean that bikes and jetbikes are limited to 12" of movement per turn?

And I second the question about jet packs. Can Tau Battlesuits still move 6" in the assault phase because they have jet packs?

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by LoreDraconis View Post
    Thank you for the info!

Can you confirm that the Storm Raven (not stormtalon, the BA/GK aircraft) is appearing in the new book under vehicles available to vanilla Space marines?

Any other restricted vehicles appearing in surprising new places?

What can you tell us about changes to how techmarines work with the new hull point system? I read they repair d3 hullpoints per round. Do they roll as before? Do they repair status effects in addition to hull points?

Any new universal wargear like fantasy has in its Magic item section?

Much appreciated
    Why not use an ally slot? I'm sure that all imperial space marines are joined at the hip errrrr brothers in arms

stopped in-between work to answer what i can:

FORCE WEAPONS?
    force weapons are as follows

grey knights force weapons are AP3 like power weapons

force staff - 2+ strength AP4
    force axe - 1+ strenght, AP1, INITATIVE 1.
    force sword - ap 3 normal initative.

grey knight and units or models with special force weapons do NOT follow this chart and use there codex versions.

to show what a force weapon type your using, you just look at the model and whatever it is modelled with is what you get, no points differential.

STORMRAVEN AND OTHER FLYERS

flyers eg stormraven/talon, ork bomber, valkyrie, all those flyer based units will now be classed as flyers

flyers have 2 hull points
    they always have a 5+ cover save and MUST move a minimum of 18 inches per turn. they have a rule that allows them to move 18 and shoot up to 4 weapons per turn. the can also move 24'' which counts as cruising speed.
    if they move under 18 inches in a turn they count as wrecked
    any unit shooting at flyer require 6's to hit unless you have the skyhammer rule which allows you to hit them with your normal ballistic skill.

NO the stormraven has not been added to vanilla marines

Blessing of the omnissiah

sorry but you will have to wait for your FAQ's for the codex. i have found no info on this.

ALLIES PART 2

so you get your ally FOC

1 hq 2 troops 1 elites 1 heavy 1 fast

there is no other restrictions besides who you can and cant ally with. YOU MUST TAKE 1 HQ AND 1 TROOPS AS A MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR THE ALLY CHART TO UNLOCK THE FAST, ELITE AND HEAVY SLOT

grey knights and there allies

Grey knight have NO Battle brother allies:

battlebrother allies:

N/A

allies of convienience:
    space marines
    blood angels
    SoB
    dark angels
    imperial guard
    space wolves

pretty much any of the goody goods

mistrusted allies:
    orks
    necrons
    tau
    eldar

not before the apocolypse:
    nids
    chaos marines
    deamons
    dark eldar

last one till tonight

ASSAULT AFTER DEEPSTRIKING?

No you may not

MONSTROUS CREATURES

no more 2d6 armour pen
    can do a fly over attack same as a necron lord in catacomb comand barge.
    may halve there attacks to double there strength in the assault phase
    can stomp to hit everyone around them
    if they have wings, can fly in movement phase and do a sort of super stomp

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I've yet to see an7y changes that are good for nids without a caveat screwing them over monumentally..........guess their going back to the shelf.

Can we get confirmation on FC, and the actual specifics of axes, seems stupid to be s+1 I=1.

Chaplain

This is a good reason to ignore all rumors until you have book in hand.

I have been reading through various posts here and other sites for those that say they have the book early. While similar, some of the rules people are talking about are different and not just a little bit. There is enough similarity in many rules for me to agree they will be true, but personally, I am not going to trust anything or bank on anything until I have book in hand...and read the book.

Just to confirm what you have, can you post some pics? Maybe one of the copyright page or something and then maybe one of a new rule or something. Not trying to call anyone out, but it is weird to see three different accounts for the same rules by people claiming to have to book early.

Also, isn't the book supposed to be released June 30th, which would make the 3 days early off by 2 days?

So, have they made any changes to the horrible "fearless" rule to turn it from simply being a liability to actually providing a benifit?

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast