BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Calmsword View Post
    I've looked all over the net- save those dark places where no one should go- and I still don't know anything about the fluff.
    The Emperor dies, and Driago leads the Ultramarines on a crusade and kills everybody for revenge. Literally everybody. Written by Mat Ward, btw.

True story.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 06-27-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Calmsword View Post
    I've looked all over the net- save those dark places where no one should go- and I still don't know anything about the fluff.

I realize it's not exciting as the rules debates- but can we get something from someone in the know? Did the Emperor die? Are Tau the Emperor's babys? Something... anything.
    Commorragh?
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

I think GW has found krittoris and beat him to death with his own rulebook.

No, he just moved ---> [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22710[/url]
    That way...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCarmine View Post
    No, he just moved ---> [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22710[/url]
    That way...
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Makreig View Post
    all great for armies that use them fully, but the major combat armies don't.... both nids and orks only have limited access to such units.
    Orks have limited access to jump pack troops? Um, Stormboyz mobs? I run a list with a pair of 16 strong mobs that I'm totally in love with already. Now I get 15 S3 I10 + 1 S4 I10 attacks is one helluva way to start off an assault when you can follow up with 60 S4 I3 + 4 S8 I1 attacks.

Where's the problem?

DOUBLE POST

Well, if this is true, "furious charge - recieves +1 attack when charging into close combat, if disorderly charged you gain no benefit", then things change to

15 S3 I10 + 1 S4 I10 attacks
    plus
    75 S3 I2 + 5 I1 S8 attacks.

TRIPLE POST

Quote Originally Posted by krittoris View Post
    FURIOUS CHARGE

thank you, just double checked, it is + 1 Strenght, my sincerest apologies with this one, my mistake.
    Awwww, back to
    15 S3 I10 + 1 S4 I10
    60 S4 I3 + 4 S9 I1 attacks
    Last edited by Brother Wolf; 06-28-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Wolf View Post
    Orks have limited access to jump pack troops? Um, Stormboyz mobs? I run a list with a pair of 16 strong mobs that I'm totally in love with already. Now I get 15 S3 I10 + 1 S4 I10 attacks is one helluva way to start off an assault when you can follow up with 60 S4 I3 + 4 I1 S8 attacks.

Where's the problem?

DOUBLE POST

Well, if this is true, "furious charge - recieves +1 attack when charging into close combat, if disorderly charged you gain no benefit", then things change to

15 S3 I10 + 1 S4 I10 attacks
    plus
    75 S3 I3 + 5 I1 S8 attacks.
    heheh, limited access to jump units in tyranids? Bwah?

Lemmy think about this one...

Hive Tyrant wings, check
    Harpy, check
    Gargoyles, check
    The Parasite, check
    Flying Rippers (Sky Slashers), check
    Flying Warriors, check

Yeah, you are right, the Tyranids are totally short on jump pack units. Whatever will they do?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    heheh, limited access to jump units in tyranids? Bwah?

Lemmy think about this one...

Hive Tyrant wings, check
    Harpy, check
    Gargoyles, check
    The Parasite, check
    Flying Rippers (Sky Slashers), check
    Flying Warriors, check

Yeah, you are right, the Tyranids are totally short on jump pack units. Whatever will they do?
    Flying Rippers and Warriors are terrible.

Hive Tyrants and Harpies are massively overpriced, even with their fancy new abilities.

Has it been confirmed that all jump infantry get the hammer of wrath rule, or just models with jump packs? I wouldn't be surprised if models with wings were excluded just to twist the "CRUDDACE SAYS TYRANIDS ARE BAD" knife a little deeper.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post

Hive Tyrants and Harpies are massively overpriced, even with their fancy new abilities.

Has it been confirmed that all jump infantry get the hammer of wrath rule, or just models with jump packs? I wouldn't be surprised if models with wings were excluded just to twist the "CRUDDACE SAYS TYRANIDS ARE BAD" knife a little deeper.
    all jump units get hammer of wrath, but it is only usable by models that make it in to BtB

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post

Flying rippers and warriors are not terrible. They are great. You just don't know how to use them. (its easy, they screen your warriors).

Flying Tyrants and Harpy are priced right. You lived in a world where monsterous creatures used to be a dime a dozen. That world is gone.

And Wings counts as Jump Infantry. Tell me an instance where it has NOT! It has been this way since 3rd Edition!!!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738