BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Says the guy that bought way too much Dust Warfare when I told him to buy in slow and sold it to me less than two weeks later.

@Pheonix -- Dude, did you not make any friends while you were gaming at the GW? I mean, I've made a ton of friends through this hobby; sure, not all of them I'd want at my house, but there's at least 6 or 7 that are always welcome over.

Also (and it's only a google search), when I Googled your area, at least 3 other non-video game game stores popped up. Further, you've got baltimore within an hour of you, an area bubbling with the miniatures hobby.

But honestly, make some friends when you play then start to play at each other's joints. Playing 40k while having a cold beer or a stiff bourbon is much more fun than playin in any retail location.

www.queencityguard.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Says the guy that bought way too much Dust Warfare when I told him to buy in slow and sold it to me less than two weeks later.

@Pheonix -- Dude, did you not make any friends while you were gaming at the GW? I mean, I've made a ton of friends through this hobby; sure, not all of them I'd want at my house, but there's at least 6 or 7 that are always welcome over.

Also (and it's only a google search), when I Googled your area, at least 3 other non-video game game stores popped up. Further, you've got baltimore within an hour of you, an area bubbling with the miniatures hobby.

But honestly, make some friends when you play then start to play at each other's joints. Playing 40k while having a cold beer or a stiff bourbon is much more fun than playin in any retail location.

Dude!!! Cheap shot!!!! And I gave you a great deal on that too!! Besides....did I make the cut to come over???? I got beer!!! I have connections remember!?!?!?!?! LOL

Chapter-Master

I ahve evry little i the way of gaming these day

Our GW is great, but tiny.
    Theres only3 clusb I know of;
    1) Is the other side of the water (least a 45 minute drive)
    2) Is also a drive, and is on my bad night of the week
    3) Next city over, again 30 minute drive

These 3 wouldn't be so bad....if I had access to a car

I play round my friends house occassionally, and against one or two people i know who moved on Vassal when my laptop works. Other than that and one or 2 comps a year I don't get much in terms of gaming in these days

But i'm still buying!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

No one is saying to invite strangers to your house, but if you play often, as Witt said, you should have made some friends. That is where you start.

My games club has met in a church hall for the past twenty years. Granted it is an Anglican church and thus not completely ******* crazy like the American evangelical churches tend to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    I don't just invite people over to my house that I don't know extremely well. Only one of my close friends played, and he gave up on GW after the short shrift that was given to Sisters of Battle. I can't imagine many churches opening their doors to 40K games, especially after anyone finds out that Daemons are a playable army.

I got into this hobby shortly after the local GW store was opened. Really, I don't know any other environment for this hobby. Forgive me if I wax maudlin over it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12