BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default A Games Workshop puritan and proud of it

Hello everyone,

I'm here to make a confession, I only play Games Workshop produced games.
    Now this will affect people in one of two ways:
    1. They will regard me as shallow-minded and say that I am a bad man for only supporting Games Workshop
    2. They won't care, may agree with me on some points, and get on with their lives

Either way. I love Games Workshop; I love it as a business model, I love it as a hobby.
    It gives me a smug sense of self-satisfaction whenever someone insults another product, because simply, I don't view any company as an equal to them. Not Privateer Press, and not Mantic.

Sure, Games Workshop makes mistakes, as does anyone. Sometimes I feel mild disappointment with their policies and pricing, but dammit man I loves me some plastic crack. Games Workshop's evolution in design is something that I look forward to with every new release - they haven't released anything in YEARS that I haven't liked. They're even doing good females now!

Call me what you will, but I'm proud of my hobby and the company that makes it - thank you Games Workshop!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I trend a middle ground with my love for the Games Workshop... I don't like some things they do, mainly on the grounds of fluff, but I still enjoy every aspect of the game .

Btw your suggestion that you, 'I dont view any company as an equal to them', is common in religious groups... Rejecting their knowledge claims! So I am seeing more evidence of your puritanism! I wonder how much hate will happen on this thread :L
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

There is nothing wrong with that (despite what Warmachine/Mantic/Whomever fanboys will have you believe), so long as you don't start putting down other companies products. Which I have never seen you do.

For my part I mostly play GW games, exceptions being Cutlass! (which we actually use in the WFB setting) and Dystopian Wars. But I use a lot of figures from other companies as well, at least in WFB. Not so much 40k where I only have a few CHS Eldar because that is pretty much all there is.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-27-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There is nothing wrong with that (despite what Warmachine/Mantic/Whomever fanboys will have you believe), so long as you don't start putting down other companies products. Which I have never seen you do.

For my part I mostly play GW games, exceptions being Cutlass! (which we actually use in the WFB setting) and Dystopian Wars.
    Im a similar way to to the OP, don't play non GW games. but out of neccesity than choice per se, only hobby store nearby is GW so can only play their games.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Yep, I'm a GW exclusive owner as well. (assuming we don't start counting card games - and i'm not talking about Magic - Munchkin FTW!)

In my eyes they produce a great rule set despite what everyone else says and without a doubt produce the BEST looking models on the market.

In my experience its often people who play other games that ***** and insult at GW, rather than GW players doing it against other games
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I couldn't care less! In fact, I welcome the rage!

My statement is in fact backed up.
    - No one has an established background like them
    - No one produces the quantity and diversity of product like them
    - They are a great foothold hobby, they introduce people into wargaming
    - They turn over a proportionally greater sum of money each year than any other wargaming company (look it up yourself!)
    - They are spread worldwide

Chapter-Master

Not to mention that no other company has their store and hobby centre empire, and if they did people would be *****ing about their prices even more....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Agreed up to a point. For scifi there are simply no other companies out there producing such large numbers of beautiful models primarily in multi-part plastic. GW are No. 1. But there are a lot of great fantasy miniature companies out there producing characters and in some cases units (AoW, Raging Heroes) of similar quality. There is also Mantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    In my eyes they produce a great rule set despite what everyone else says and without a doubt produce the BEST looking models on the market.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Don't get me started on Mantic, all my rage about that company is centred on one juvenile person.

Good point Dr Love!

Also, wait a minute, people are agreeing with me? da fuq?

Chapter-Master

GW has great stores and great staff. can you walk into a random PP store* and find a eldar craftworld table (or equivilant)

*if the existed
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast