BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default How are you going to use Allies?

I've had a couple of ideas for fun allies lists, post your own ideas!

-A combined Ordo Xenos radical and Eldar force. Farseer and bodyguard working with a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor represented by Imperial Guard.

-Grey Knight-Eldar Daemon strike force. Inspired from the bit in the GK codex where the Grey Knights send for the Eldar to secure the spirit stones of Malan'tai to prevent another daemon incursion. Indicates some level of cooperation between the two, this list takes it to a new level, joining forces to fight off daemonic incurions before they can spread.

-Craftworld Eldar/Corsair list from IA11.

-Dark Eldar/Imperial Guard. Dark Eldar raiding force accompanies by human slaves and mercenaries.

-Dark Eldar/Tyranids. Wych cult using a variety of wild beasts, uses a mix of tyranid models and other beasties to represent the 'nids.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Necrons and their myriad Mindshackle Minions.

If I beat an army, I reserve the right to add a unit or two from it to my Necrons forces, and I'm tempted to not only stick to units my opponent fielded, but to paint them up in the same colour scheme where possible. I think this could be really perfectly awesome in a campaign setting. Given that you can have multiple units as allies (though one assumes not from multiple armies?) I could feasibly expand them very easily into 500-750 point armies.

Given the right campaign structure, I could use these in an attempt to manipulate the war. For instance if there is a strong IG presence in the campaign, I could use my 'allies' as a smaller army, attacking the other IG and Imperial players to sow distrust amongst them, using the distraction to push forward the rest of my agenda. Best bit is when my opponents figure out 'in character' what I'm up to, as I'd expect my opponents to launch a full on assault on my little empire!

Right up for this!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Think i may add some dark eldar units to my collection, although all my armies, tau, eldar, wolves, grey knights and marines can ally with each other anyway.

Chapter-Master

marines and eldar, eldar and tau, marines and GK or something simmilar!

as a painter this is great as i dont have to stick to painting hundreds of similar models and can have variety
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Grey Knights and Space Wolves because I like Armageddon.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

If Valeria ever gets a good model i might do guard or eldar with her as allies for an Ordo Xenos force

Or been tpying with a mid heresy Word Bearers force, and that could have inducted guard or deamons
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

No ideas as to what I might add to my Imperial Fists with regards to an allied force as yet, but a friend is looking forward to adding some Imperial Guard to his Ultramarines as he's always liked the fluff about how Ultramar maintains many regiments of guards that it sends to help fight battles across the Imperium (even though it is exempt from having to do so) and how the Ultramar Guards have often fought alongside the Ultramrines themselves. No idea what he's planning to add though, but knowing him I'd guess it'll involve as many tanks as he can get!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Banned

Sisters of Battle and Grey Knights - but not why you think! It's so I can use my SoB Land Raider and Venerable Dread and they'd have some awesome sacred powers to back them up rules wise.

I'm making a mechanicus explorator army, basically a guard army sans tanks with a the new fortress rules and melta guns (lascutters from FW) to make a couple dig teams. then I'm allying in some type of space marine to be secutors coming to the rescue in drop pods. (which will actually be some old termites or some of the new ones from a third party if I can't find the originals.)
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Everyway I can think of and with Marines, Wolves, Blood Angels, Sisters, Grey Knights and Eldar that will be able to Allie. It will take 42 games to try every combination. By which time I expect I''ll have enough Orks, Chaos and Guard to add a few more to the pot. At the rate I play that should keep me going to 7th edition.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast