BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    GW has great stores and great staff. can you walk into a random PP store* and find a eldar craftworld table (or equivilant)

*if the existed
    Ooooooo! Sick burn.

Totally agree, my local Games Workshop manager is also a great friend to me, one of the funniest guys that I've ever met.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Don't get me started on Mantic, all my rage about that company is centred on one juvenile person.

Good point Dr Love!

Also, wait a minute, people are agreeing with me? da fuq?
    it is your time to shine!

Yey! I'm the chosen one!

Brother-Sergeant

I'm the same. I'm definitely a GW puritan. It's not that I don't like the other games companies, it's more that they just don't do it for me. I just prefer GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Tom View Post
    I'm the same. I'm definitely a GW puritan. It's not that I don't like the other games companies, it's more that they just don't do it for me. I just prefer GW.
    There's also the fact that I simply don't wish to throw money at more than one company. I don't have a ton of dollar to give EACH wargaming company.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    There's also the fact that I simply don't wish to throw money at more than one company. I don't have a ton of dollar to give EACH wargaming company.
    I think this is the biggest reason I stayed with GW when I still played.
    Nowadays I don't play (a combination of apathy and those I used to game with moving geopgraphicly/systems) but still love the models and universe, hence spend time reading the books, and when I can be arsed painting. Luckily with not playing anymore I can just pick and choose what I want to paint to buy, but considering the back log i've got I haven't had to buy a model in years..

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

It's mainly other company's fans that I despise.

Battle-Brother

GW isn't perfect, but i think they make the best game. base rules are good, armies vary (although i've liked every 5th edition codex, with some MINOR exceptions/headscratchers within the codexes... but you can't win'em all)

honestly, i like their release schedule because it produces a constantly shifting meta, which is cool, although i doubt they intend it 'like that' (more a scheduling to keep people buying.. which, i guess, is fine.. i'm an adult and am in control of my wallet).

my only change to their 'model' would be to pull back on the SM codexes... release one (SM), and then either white dwarf 'mod codexes,' or a book of 'SM chapters' ... follow suit for eldar craftworlds/exodites, tau septs, tyranid hive fleets... how sick would it be if every white dwarf had a 'newish' army (new take on an old one)? hell to playtest, though.

Chapter-Master

TDA - I am but by default. I have tried other games, but didn't enjoy so much. And with 22 years and thousands of pounds of stuff, I need painting time more than I need diversity...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    TDA - I am but by default. I have tried other games, but didn't enjoy so much. And with 22 years and thousands of pounds of stuff, I need painting time more than I need diversity...
    Hit the nail on the head with me, I wish I had more time to paint stuff.

I also love the aesthetic of GW's stuff. Warmachine possesses no tanks, and therefore is full of fail. Tanks are awesome.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast