BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Id recommend giving warmachine a look though.

I´ve played GW-only for 22 years and now I´ve added them to the mix.

Particularly check out the "warcaster" and "solo" categories for that one model you like

The gameplay allows for greater controll of your dudes with the mana system, while modeling for an advantage is removed and tweaking armylists is minimised.

How the game plays:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGUZLh1Nq0[/url]

Now they have summer-sale bundles also that include a rulebook: after reading 10 pages of fluff you are already up to speed!!

Man I never thought I´d be the one writing this....

chers

Hah. I like reading, this is why I have a book case the size of a wall.

I tried to play Warmachine a while back and found it rather... lacking. Specifically in the tank department. I like artillery, I like big guns.

The only race I'd play in Warmachine are the Retribution, and from what I understand they are massively expensive.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by mordiano View Post
    Now they have summer-sale bundles also that include a rulebook: after reading 10 pages of fluff you are already up to speed!!

chers

Listen, I enjoy Warmahordes. It's a solid game. but reading 10 pages will NOT get you up to snuff on the fluff in this game. Honestly, to get the full spectrum of the fluff, you need at least four books, (Mark II, Your Army Book, Wrath/Dominiation, Colossals/Gargantuans). If you're lucky, none of the fluff for your army is fleshed out in any of the old rulebooks or in out of print No Quarters.

As far as GW goes; they're certainly my primary. I have a special obsession with our grim dark future, but I certainly allow other minis into my collection (perhaps too often )

www.queencityguard.com

I couldn't live without regular intervals of grimdark.

Chapter-Master

What I regret is not just staying single brand but not staying single army, I'd have had an entire chapter by now if it wasn't for all the cool stuff available...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I nearly have a Chapter.

Chapter-Master

I have the best part of a couple of companies... but then I got distracted by taus, nids, sisters, guard, and wh chaos...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I only do my Storm Wardens and the Necrons. :/

Brother-Captain

To be fair, I've never seen a sweet table at a US Games Workshop, so imagine my surprise when I walked into one in Manchester and saw a full blown Helm's Deep and a Lustrian Temple that took two tables. It was pretty rad.
    I don't see why you not liking the things I like is an issue. I like steam powered robots and guys that shoot magic guns at pirates and horror movie villains. I really like the setting, I don't much care for the game.* I kind of wish I could field an all big robot army in a GW game, but alas, no such luck. My one beef with GW is the lack of pirate hats. Don't get me wrong, when they do them they're super fun (here's looking at you Badruk) I just need more.

*When all the missions can be won by killing the other warcaster it kind of kills any strategy beyond 'how do I kill the other warcaster.'

I've got a virtually all-Dreadnought army.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast