BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Wow, is it just me or is Divination an absolute no-brainer if you can get it? (hint: do you have an awesome army like Space Wolves or Grey Knights? Well, here is your power... cause you poor buggers really need the boost and all.) Fantasy analogue = Lore of Shadow / Lore of Life

Telepathy and Telekinesis look about tied as distant seconds. Fantasy analogues = Death / Light / Heavens, i.e. useful for armies without access to Divination.

Biomancy and Pyromancy. Meh. Fantasy analogues = Fire / Beasts / Metal. I expect you won't see these very often, except for very particular builds (Biomancy on a tough fighty psyker wouldn't be too bad, e.g. Mephy, 'Nids)

And if the Divination powers weren't already good enough, they would seem also to circumvent most 'Deny the Witch' by being cast on friendly units.
    Last edited by Chimerical; 06-28-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Adding some info.

Chapter-Master

Depends on how deny the witch works. It might be if a power is cast within range of a unit, it can still be denyed

Apparantly its a 6+ normal
    5+ if the unit includes a Physker (so grey knights get more protection - joys)
    4+ if Physic hood in 24"

I think Divination will be used a lot. And has been said an Eldar Farseer with access to it and Runes will be a VERY common sight i think
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Scout

caster gets D3 str and toughness
    target unit get FNP
    assault 2 every unsaved would heals one off caster
    Tyranid monstrous creatures just became much more difficult to kill.

My IG rejoice, get a cheap Psyker with Telepathy, give my tanks stealth / cause pinning tests without having to shoot / remove fearless from annoying units like crushers (the last two are very nice when you're running Psyker Battle Squads). However, eventually everyone will get an eldar farseer as an ally just to stop psychic powers...

Chapter-Master

Unfortunatly I can see Farseers and their runes taking a pretty big nerf soon to stop such tactics.

Which as an Eldar player sucks. Making a unit weaker beacuae everyone can take it is another reason allies SUCK BALLS
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Unfortunatly I can see Farseers and their runes taking a pretty big nerf soon to stop such tactics.

Which as an Eldar player sucks. Making a unit weaker beacuae everyone can take it is another reason allies SUCK BALLS
    A Farseer with 5 Rangers will likely become a staple for quite a few armies who can take them as some kind of ally... Whether that be Orks, Tau, Dark Eldar, etc. A lot of armies are desperately seeking some measure of defense against psychic powers, and have for a long time... Yeah Allies sucks balls because it's not really going to open up that much customization or creativity in list building. There are too many situations of "You'd be stupid NOT to include -x-".

Quote Originally Posted by DrWobbles View Post
    ahh... damn. I hate randomness.
    Wow, are you playing the wrong game!

Over here on this table we have 40k and stack of 100 small d6. Over here on this other table we have chess, or Caylus, or the "family" version of Agricola, or...

Fairly sure Eldar and Dark Eldar are brothers in arms which means there powers work on each other. Also I really don't see any compelling reaso nto believe Farseers will be nerfed. They aren't OP at all and while Eldar have been treated poorly in some regards there is no real reason to assume one of the few things going for them on tabletop (that matches their background) will suddenly lose the power boost that has been given to them deliberately.

Got to admit such fatalism really is getting into the spirit of being an eldar player though, so kudos.

Also, even if Farseers are great, why would someone take Eldar Allies just for a farseer when you will have to take at least some of our overpriced troops as well. Seems like a waste of an Allied FOC when you could go with GK or SW or even IG and get a bucketload of tanks.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

well eldrad can switch out storm power for something useful unless going against orks

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Depends on how deny the witch works. It might be if a power is cast within range of a unit, it can still be denyed

Apparantly its a 6+ normal
    5+ if the unit includes a Physker (so grey knights get more protection - joys)
    4+ if Physic hood in 24"

I think Divination will be used a lot. And has been said an Eldar Farseer with access to it and Runes will be a VERY common sight i think

6+ is the norm
    5+ if you have a psyker in the squad
    4+ if your psyker is a higher mastery level

psychic hoods let you use the characters deny the witch save within 6"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast