BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

eldargal is excite!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    1) We will get our own discipline in our next book
    2) We get more powers and thus more chance of getting the ones we want and we still have the option to buy some so we can rely on getting things we need.

Honestly given how powerful Ghosthelm and our Runes are now if our Farseers are Mastery 4 to boot they are the best in the game. We can increase the odds of perils much more and thanks to Ghosthelm we get the only save against them.
    I get that - but my complaint is that the fact that the powers are randomly generated, you could very well end up with a power that is a near duplicate of one you already have.

Plus, given how ridiculously powerful perils of the warp is now, and considering the nerf to Psy hoods... I fully expect that our Runes of Warding will get hit with a big ole nerf bat in a forthcoming FAQ.

It's possible, but a bunch of things like holofields could be made useful in the FAQ too, no point assumung further nerfs there.

If they are randomly generated you re-roll duplicates and farseers at least can take one or more from each discipline if they want.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

What I'm saying EG, is that if I buy fortune, guide and mindwar, then trade in mindwar for a telepathy power that gives me the generic version of "guide" then All I get is a farseer that can cast guide twice :P

Chapter-Master

Well you can't trade in one power apparantly. Its all in or nothing.

Also according to WD its only Farseers who can trade in. Warlocks are stuck with their powers
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Eldar farseer's might become an Allies fad, for those who can take em, if they're getting their proper psyker power levels.

Chapter-Master

Thing is Eldar are only battle brothers with DE and Tau, so their powers can only affect these 2 armies. So no fortuning Grey Knights at least

Which brings in a new question....if the power affects the enemy units, not you (say the new "inverse fortune" thing can your allied units benefit from it if you're not best buds allies?
    Last edited by DrLove42; 06-27-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Well you can't trade in one power apparantly. Its all in or nothing.

Also according to WD its only Farseers who can trade in. Warlocks are stuck with their powers
    I see.

Well this makes the new powers pretty worthless to me then as I typically build a list where the farseer supports the army with his powers.

Oh well. I guess its a new era and I'll have to adapt.

Eldar farseer's might become an Allies fad, for those who can take em, if they're getting their proper psyker power levels.
    Yeah - the "bring a farseer to work day" might be a trend that will be made possible via a stupid ally system.

The more the WAAC crowd tries to convince me that allies are good, the more suspicious of it I get.

That article on the front page by Reece was summed up quite nicely by a commenter:

This article reads like a coke addict telling you that everything is fine, with white powder on thier face and blood coming out of thier eyes.

Thing is Eldar are only battle brothers with DE and Tau, so their powers can't affect the allied units
    Yeah- but how many Farseers sporting nothing but Runes of Warding do you think we'll see?

Fairlysure Eldar and DArk Eldar/Tau are brothers in arms.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Brothers in arms is what i meant. The top tier of buddyness. I've edited my post cos what i typed and what i meant were 2 different things. I meant to say can only affect those 2 armies, not all the rest...

As for just runes of Warding Farseers....urgh. But don't think its possible cos they have to buy one power at least.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast