BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I really love how clean and smooth everything is. Well done!
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

First-Captain

Really nice Bols chum. I'm really looking forward to seeing more. That metal is lovely.

Brother-Sergeant

Looking great. I'm liking the nice crisp highlights.

I'm not too keen on the jetbikes. I can see what you were trying to do, but it didn't come off as clean as the rest of the army. I'd really be interested in watching a video tutorial on how you did the warriors though! They look fantastic!

All very pretty, and great to see another Eldar plog on here.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

@ SotonShades- Thanks man. Yeah I sort of regret blacking out the cockpit as well, but who knows, if the Void Raven ever comes out I'm definitely going to try tinting.

@ EnergonGoodie- Awesome name man. Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep mini bong.

@Monkey Tom- Thanks

@Toaster36- Sorry you don't like the bikes. They're not finished yet so hopefully you'll like em when they're done. As for my warriors its pretty simple process; Mechrite Red (Mephiston now) basecoating (I used the GW spray gun, still in the process of getting my airbrush),Testors gold primed guns. With standard highlighting blood red to blazing orange, with mithril highlights on the guns.

@Eldar Gal- Thanks I appreciate it. *Eldar Fistbump*

This is my old Autarch. I'm currently in the process of creating a new one. Same head same blade, but incorporating Phoenix Warrior bits from the Fantasy line. BTW I know the basing is terrible :P

Last edited by Autarch; 06-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

These are all early vehicles. The Wave Serpent will still make it into my army, but I'm getting a badger 150 airbrush, so hopefully it'll come out better.

My Raider unfortunatly fell apart right after that photo as I tried to fix something with the deck. Since then I've not been able to get the prow to fit flushly together, nor on the second Raider I purchased. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gorgeous! I especially love the infantry.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Veteran-Sergeant

@ Mitey Heroes- Thanks

Hey guys. Here's a WIP photo of a unit of Counts As Banshees I'm working on. Through trades, sales etc. I've managed to disown all the old metal banshees I've ever owned. So I order the new Finecast ones and they are ABOMINABLE. I was never huge on the latest Banshee sculpts, I always liked the 3rd ed ones, and that classic Banshee exarch with the power axe but alas they are all very hard to find, and outside of badly painted cheapies on Ebay, or the pro painted ones that way out of my price range. So I here's my latest conversion attempt. Its still a WIP but I like how its coming so far. I intend on having these be my go-to proxy unit for experimentation purposes (banshees, extra wyches, banshees, storm guardians, true born with CC etc.) Hopefully I'll be able to get some 3rd ed. Banshees at some point (or maybe new ones if they do a resculpt) but until these gals will have to do.

Here is a previous attempt:

Veteran-Sergeant

Hey guys. Thought I'd post some progress on my counts as Howling Banshee. They are meant to represent my renegade Autarch's elite corsair guard. The photos aren't great but its the best lighting I've been able to utilize in days, and even still its not great so again, sorry for the somewhat crappy photo quality.

This is going to be the Exarch with an executioner, but its still a work in progress.

Here are the models I wish I had, but alas they are very hard to find, and most of the one's I've found on ebay are drenched under globs and globs of paint, and as any who's ever stripped howling banshees knows, getting the paint of their hair is a total pain. So hopefully I'll find some unpainted ones at some point in the future but until then I'll continue to convert.

My only concern is I've heard some disturbing rumors about the new disembarkation rules that disallows assaults directly from transports (even if they've sat a turn). This could be bunk and I hope so, disembarking form Wave Serpents is already ridiculously annoying as it is. But if it turns out to be true I'm going to go all in with Shining Spears, I'll just have to wait to get my rule book which hopefully will be arriving in the mail today.
    Last edited by Autarch; 07-03-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast