BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Squats are back.

In the appendices in the 6th ed 40k BRB there is a small section on Abhumans, 73 species of which are recognised, 47 or so are extinct. Squats are then named specifically and not in context of being extinct.

The term squatted is now meaningless.

(Store gave me my advance order yesterday, think the staffer was trying to impress me...)
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

thi is news of the most brilliant of variety! like that feeling of waking up with a hangover only to discover you didnt completely finish that pizza last night and you can have the final slice now!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Occuli Imperator

Time to dust off those trikes!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I guess they won't be recieving a codex treatment though, its nice to see them back and acknowledged

someone ponited out the other day, allies opens up the fluff to having armies of only 3-4 units in WD that are ONLY there to be allied with
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Oh, like the dogs of war in WFB?
    I hadn't considered that
    I'm more excited
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The Squat home world got eaten by the nids, but the Squats were all over the galaxy so I wouldn't expect them to be extinct.

If you can have beast men as Guard and Javis said Squats should count as guard to. Just need to know what trikes, choppers and exo armour counts as.

I guess something from the tau codex?

40k where space marine jet bikes count as bikes and squat trikes count as imperial guard cavalry
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Actually more recently it was declared Squats never existed and depictions of Squats were handwaved away as misintepretation of Demiurg. So this is a major retcon.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Oh please, oh please .... Squat vehicles in Imperial Armour.... That Xenos enough for ya?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Can you imagine the size/price of some the Squat technology on FW?
    Land Train £1000+

Chapter-Master

Annoyingly I sold my Squats on Ebay in 2009. I made an absolute mint, probably drunk the proceeds. I wish I had kept them, now I struggle to sell anything just in case. Afterall, my firstborn has 2 kidneys if we fall into financial dire straits...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast