BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Tau Tactica: a 6th edition

Wanted to open up this post,

Tomorrow we all get our 6th edition books, well those who preordered and buy it, and I wanted to open up discussion for Tau talk, tactica and otherwise.

Obviously we still have the FAQ to wait for, which if like 8th fantasy goes up 12:01 AM.

Now What I want to say, the rumors give me great hope. I dare to dream Tau will be better in 6th edition, and thats without endless battlesuits.

Obviously, I need to get the rulebook before I make any true decisions.

So what are your opinions on it?
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Some opf the rumours are looking better

Rapidfire changes make Fire Warriors better, as does Reaction Shots. I'll hope for some wargear that can allow them to overwatch/snap fire at full BS

Nightfighting vision (Blacksun Filters) seem to be likely ignore Night Fighting all together, making them an essential buy consdering the rise of nightfighting

Battlesuits moving 2D6 in the assault phase will be pretty good too

Also the deployment type that plays table length ways has to be good for 72" railguns

On the downside....no physic defense or assault and with overwatch Kroot are majorly screwed as an assault choice. No aircraft yet either
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Some opf the rumours are looking better

Rapidfire changes make Fire Warriors better, as does Reaction Shots. I'll hope for some wargear that can allow them to overwatch/snap fire at full BS

Nightfighting vision (Blacksun Filters) seem to be likely ignore Night Fighting all together, making them an essential buy consdering the rise of nightfighting

Battlesuits moving 2D6 in the assault phase will be pretty good too

Also the deployment type that plays table length ways has to be good for 72" railguns

On the downside....no physic defense or assault and with overwatch Kroot are majorly screwed as an assault choice. No aircraft yet either
    All good things, personally I think no aircraft can be a good thing, imagine at tournies, all the anti aircraft options people take will be wasted against us. Also I'm hoping markerlights can help with the Overwatch and Aircraft hitting BS.

Not to mention how Farsight got buffed, his rules specifically state he causes 2d6 + 5 AP against vehicles. Nice.

Also With rapid fire changes, I can see kroot being a fire base with krootox rather than an assault unit, I mean they can hit just as well as a fire warrior. And for their points are better than a guardsmen by miles.
    For the Greater good.

Librarian

i am thinking that the Skyray may well have the Skyfire rule enabling it to target aircraft efficiently. i mean it is called the Skyray!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    i am thinking that the Skyray may well have the Skyfire rule enabling it to target aircraft efficiently. i mean it is called the Skyray!
    I agree,

I'm also looking forward to using O'Shovah, with Prefered enemy doing so good for shooting, preferred enemy against orks will be good, especially with a Fire warrior army.

I'm thinking a lot of new things will come from this.
    For the Greater good.

Librarian

i think this will sufficiently refresh the Tau and potentially give them the boost they need so they are not a bottom tier army! I think in future that the Markerlight rules will change and they may go on to grant different USR per point expended. E.G give a unit Skyfire, or allow it to Snapfire at normal BS for example.... i must say that the idea of a Snap Firing unit of Fire warriors is actually a very off-putting thought for an Ork Charge
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    i think this will sufficiently refresh the Tau and potentially give them the boost they need so they are not a bottom tier army! I think in future that the Markerlight rules will change and they may go on to grant different USR per point expended. E.G give a unit Skyfire, or allow it to Snapfire at normal BS for example.... i must say that the idea of a Snap Firing unit of Fire warriors is actually a very off-putting thought for an Ork Charge
    meh 6's to hit isnt scary, now if we can keep Markerlights back for snapfire bs we will own
    For the Greater good.

In addition, putting Tau fire warriors on a closed Skyshield Landing plattform will increase their durability a lot.

Consider building bullet shield unit additions like drones (or commanders with 2+/(4+ inv), fnp and two shield drones joined to a unit of broadsides and standing in front of them...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkan Vael View Post
    In addition, putting Tau fire warriors on a closed Skyshield Landing plattform will increase their durability a lot.

Consider building bullet shield unit additions like drones (or commanders with 2+/(4+ inv), fnp and two shield drones joined to a unit of broadsides and standing in front of them...
    With the new wound allocation being like 3rd edition drones, I'm expecting to get drones be removed first rule back. meaning they don't need to be in front. But if not yes leave them infront.

Hoping to do some videos tomorrow on the rulebook changes as well as how Tau and Black Templar fair in the new rules
    For the Greater good.

Battle-Brother

Sixth ed could do some great thins for tau. My only hope is that the faq for them doesn't suck like it normally does. As in i hope war gear that has no use under currwnt rules is modified and not just left as " yeah it does nothing".
    Now to tangent... wishlisting fir a sec.
    tau are supposed to be very mobile and have very good air superiority. So i hope that over the course of the new edition they get either the most or some if the btter flyer options. Flyers are a thing tau should be good at and if they ate not i'll very sad.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast