BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    Right, you can still take them and opt not to use them. I just don't see the benefit in taking them at 10pts/model. You lose your ability to run, sweep, or overwatch. Why not just not take them and give them something more useful like black sun filters, let them snap fire, and use marker lights to up the BS from the snap fire?

Can you do that?! Move 6", allocate marker hits to raise BS, then snap fire at TL BS 1+ marker hits? If you can (and I know the codex, faq, and rule book don't say you can't. It's not even addressed!) then you still have a chance to move 6", snap fire at BS + marker hits, assault/overwatch/sweeping advance!

IF that's the case, there will be 9 Broadside lists everywhere...
    Couple comments on this:

1. Why would I want to run with broadsides, if I'm not shooting with them, I shouldn't have bought them.
    2. Why would I want to assault with them, see above. I guess if you really needed to beat up something really weak (aka like 5 or < gaurdsmen), but then you can just choose to not use them.
    3. if you need to overwatch with you boradsides and it's kill something with overwatch or lose, scenario, you messed up a long time ago.
    4.Sweeping advance with broadsides........never seen it, don't care if they can or not.
    5. You cannot use markerlights BS bonus to increase snapfire shots, any modifier that sets you to a set stat value overrides and other modifiers.

FYI is you really want you can take multitrackers/Targeting arrays on your braodsides and take an HQ with stablizers, if he joins the squad the whole unit get stablizers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote81 View Post
    Couple comments on this:

1. Why would I want to run with broadsides, if I'm not shooting with them, I shouldn't have bought them.
    2. Why would I want to assault with them, see above. I guess if you really needed to beat up something really weak (aka like 5 or < gaurdsmen), but then you can just choose to not use them.
    3. if you need to overwatch with you boradsides and it's kill something with overwatch or lose, scenario, you messed up a long time ago.
    4.Sweeping advance with broadsides........never seen it, don't care if they can or not.
    5. You cannot use markerlights BS bonus to increase snapfire shots, any modifier that sets you to a set stat value overrides and other modifiers.

FYI is you really want you can take multitrackers/Targeting arrays on your braodsides and take an HQ with stablizers, if he joins the squad the whole unit get stablizers.
    We were referencing about advanced stabilizer systems and whether to take them or not with broadsides.

1. Why assault with them? Because they are tough. A shield generator or shield drones makes them very resilient. And if they are accompanied by an ethereal, the unit is fearless (and if he's killed) the whole army has a chance to gain preferred enemy.

2. Yes, I'd rather shoot with them, but they are a HUGE target and with the mobility of most armies right now, they will most likely be in an assault by turn 3 (if not sooner)

3. I agree with the the multi-tracker equip, but I'd recommend, a Team Leader with SMS (or plasma, up to you), a HW blacksun filter, HW drone controller with 2 shield drones, and a multi tracker, while either maxing out the unit or not is up to you. I don't worry about the target arrays because of the marker support from sensor towers or tetras (not to mention the TL railguns/SMS/Plasma).

You like playing it like you've got it laid out? Cool! Play it!
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Default advanced stabili system

if you have a teamleader who has A.S.S that doesnt mean the whole squad has them, in fact, if someone has them the whole squad must have it in order to use it, so states the codex

Battle-Brother

I don't run A.S.S. on my xv88's but I'm pretty sure they all have to be equipped the same. They're more of a sit in cover don't move all game w/ 2 shield drones wrapped by kroot kind of unit w/ good firing lanes. Plus I think if you move w/ A.S.S. you can't snap fire, but if you getting assaulted it's game over for them anyway. I used to field at least 6 in a game in 5th all w/target locks. Now in 6th I might bring 1 or 2 at most in 2k game. It's all about troops/elites/FA and minimal tanks/transports, we need more small arms fire now.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415