BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

so after doing some thinking, reading and watching, I think i'm going to do something along the lines of 2x3 crisis teams with twinlinked flamers, and a fusion/flamer on the team leader. the third 3 man team will probably be set up with missile pod/burst cannon or missile pod/flamers with the team leader having either plasma/fusion or plasma/flamer. Tetras, remoras and hammerheads with the plasma turrents, and finally a team of broadsides (with team leader of course) for that oh so nice extended range headshot.

CiB/burst cannon on the commander might be fun to use now with the AP1 buff.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 07-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    so after doing some thinking, reading and watching, I think i'm going to do something along the lines of 2x3 crisis teams with twinlinked flamers, and a fusion/flamer on the team leader. the third 3 man team will probably be set up with missile pod/burst cannon or missile pod/flamers with the team leader having either plasma/fusion or plasma/flamer. Tetras, remoras and hammerheads with the plasma turrents, and finally a team of broadsides (with team leader of course) for that oh so nice extended range headshot.

CiB/burst cannon on the commander might be fun to use now with the AP1 buff.
    you like flamers? i think that army will work great against orks, but space marines will make short work of the crisis battlesuits. because they have to get close in order for the flamers to work. perhaps you can better equipe your suits with burst cannons or other.

no no, the setup will work because of the fact that the hammerheads' plasma is quite good, and if i am so inclined, i'll equip TX42's with plasma. Marines have never really given me a problem.

kay. then i dont really see a bad thing in that army. i think it will do fine. o, and have any of you got an idea to beat necrons with thisn ew rules? a friend of mine told me they are now inmpossible to defeat. of course that won't be the case, but they have grown strong indeed. how do i beat them with tau?

Battle-Brother

I didn't have a problem w/ necrons in 5th, however with the emphasis on troops so much now and not so many vehicles, they have become a little harder. Gauss immortals and warriors are hard to down w/ that 4+ reanimate thing. I's suggest mass FW's and kroot w/ markerlight support by tetras. Railheads are nice now too vs. necrons w/ the ap4. Eliminate a unit than move on, keep skimmers out of 24" gauss range and bring bsf's. Premeasuring is in, use it to your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by soldier of the GG View Post
    kay. then i dont really see a bad thing in that army. i think it will do fine. o, and have any of you got an idea to beat necrons with thisn ew rules? a friend of mine told me they are now inmpossible to defeat. of course that won't be the case, but they have grown strong indeed. how do i beat them with tau?
    Luckily I know someone who plays necrons. Just gotta get a few games in with him before I figure something out.

the one tactic i've been using with everything up to this point has been solid so far. Target their heavy support first and destroy it as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    Luckily I know someone who plays necrons. Just gotta get a few games in with him before I figure something out.

the one tactic i've been using with everything up to this point has been solid so far. Target their heavy support first and destroy it as fast as possible.

I know the Necron well. 6th ed you will see many squads with maxed out warriors in front bubbling a cryptek and possibly a lord with a res orb with a ghost ark in the back pooping out troops 1 to 3 at a time to replace their losses.

You will see their flyer transport with troops who can move 36" and still drop troops

You will see the sniper unit with a kryptek with a teleporter who will mark a new unit and wound on a 2+ every time it comes out of the warp across the table.

You will see the triarch stalkers make everything TL that it shoots at and hits.

See small variations in play style with other unit types. Wraiths, monoliths etc, but otherwise what I've described will probably be in wide and common use

How to counter it? Railguns. Lots of rail guns. I suggest 2 teams of broadsides to take out the ghost ark while a hammerhead uses its submunition to template as many warriors as possible.

Deepstriking ( or rear missile support) XV8 teams with meltas or missile pods to deal with triarch stalkers and vehicles left standing

TONS of fire warriors with remote sensor towers to make them TL

Tetras. Lots and lots of Tetras

I don't know anything about buying terrain , but that might work well in defensive situations...

I have been driven and defeated by the necron more times than I can count in 5th ed, but now the blue fish people of the Tau'Va are to be respected now, if not totally feared.
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

First-Captain

now we have beasts of war trolling, at least I hope they are [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgj8fmeQnB4&feature=g-all-u[/url] not only does the list suck, but it's illegal.
    For the Greater good.

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow, half of what they say is wrong too lol.

Battle-Brother

Beast of war is a joke. Totally Clueless!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast