BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Another option, one that I favour in preference to story changes, is advancing the timeline but not the story. So things go on as usual, but into 001.M42. GW gets time up their sleeve, no players get cranky.
    That'd work alright. Though it doesn't play into the whole 40k thing as well.

Personally I don't really have a problem with story 'advancement' being retconned into the 10,000-year past we have available to us. I think there's a lot of wiggle-room when you're dealing with so much time in so vast a galaxy.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Just put it down to "well the battle scribes on Terra only just heard about it, but it actually happened 200 years ago"
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

That's kind of how I view it.

The scale of the setting is literally too big for the people living in it to keep track of everything, so I have no problem believing that we only ever know part of the story with anything that goes on.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Only when all the races have fully mobilized will the fluff advance i think.

Chapter-Master

What is there on minor races?

Are there ANY pictures or fluff on them?

Any mentions of Enslavers, Hrud, Ulumeathi, Barghesi or any of the chaos aliens (saruthi ect) ?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Ulumeathi and some others are mentioned as extinct, there are some others mentioned but I don't have time to check names atm sorry. Not a whole lot on xenos really, one of my few dissapointments with the book. 33% more pages and the amount of space dedicated to the major xenos races halves and minor xenos only get a few mentions on the Imperiums xenos relations two page spread.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ulumeathi and some others are mentioned as extinct, there are some others mentioned but I don't have time to check names atm sorry. Not a whole lot on xenos really, one of my few dissapointments with the book. 33% more pages and the amount of space dedicated to the major xenos races halves and minor xenos only get a few mentions on the Imperiums xenos relations two page spread.
    Ah, that's a bit dissapointing....also my beloved Ulumeathi extinct? so that's what it feels like to be squatted!
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

:~ are the Hrud extinct toooo?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    :~ are the Hrud extinct toooo?
    [url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?344621-New-Background-in-6e-Rulebook&p=6295325&viewfull=1#post6295325[/url]

"And a war against the Hrud Called the Hrud Rising."

I guess...not? I asked them if there was more than just that. Do wish they'd have more larger fluff chunks for these sort of things, even just a few paragraphs would be nice. Good to see more actual wars related to the Hrud being mentioned though.

Honestly, the amount of large scale battles mentioned with them - it's hard to consider them a "minor xeno" race like the great majority of others which only have a few star systems ect. The Hrud seem to be everywhere and quite a severe threat. Wish FW would quit releasing marine tank/infantry variants and do a model range for them instead!

:P Half of me hopes that they release all interesting Xenos but the Hrud, now that I've got a handful of the little buggers knocking around. They do seem to get a lot of attention though - weren't they invading the White Scars' homeworld in the 5th ed. book? I'd be surprised if FW gets around to them, though, since they've stated all of their books will feature Imperials, so they're hardpressed enough to fit the Xenos with Codicies in.

Surprised the Ulumeathi were wiped out, though, since they got one of their weapons featured in the Grey Knights 'dex.

Edit: From the warseer link: "In light of the devastation suffered by the Uluméathic League it is unlikely they will pose anywhere near the same threat that they did before the arrival of Hive Fleet Naga. Indeed, it seems humanity considers the Ulumeathic all but destroyed by the end of the 41st Millennium."

Looks like they're still hanging on! Plus, the ambiguity present in "humanity considers"...
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 06-30-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast