BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

i think scourges have become a much more viable option to. i run this combo on the weekend and after the 1st round of shooting he was targeting them instead of my ravagers with tank killing weaponry

10 scourges 4 haywire blasters, start with a naked heamy to give them pain put them next to the cheesy farseer option, hit them with guide and fortune 3+ to hit with re-rolls, that glance on2's while re-rolling AS and all though i didn't try it you could buy a defence line and start them behind that as well

from what i can see unless you roll absolute c**p you should be popping 1 vehicle a turn.

Default Fortune and Guide

Quote Originally Posted by darthken View Post
    i think scourges have become a much more viable option to. i run this combo on the weekend and after the 1st round of shooting he was targeting them instead of my ravagers with tank killing weaponry

10 scourges 4 haywire blasters, start with a naked heamy to give them pain put them next to the cheesy farseer option, hit them with guide and fortune 3+ to hit with re-rolls, that glance on2's while re-rolling AS and all though i didn't try it you could buy a defence line and start them behind that as well

from what i can see unless you roll absolute c**p you should be popping 1 vehicle a turn.
    Unfortunately these two powers do not affect Dark Eldar Units. You must cast the at Eldar units. But no fear, use divination and take the primaris power for reroll all to hit rolls.

Default Eldar Allies....

So the thing that I believe changes the DE the most is Eldar allies. I no longer think that I play Dark Eldar or Craftworld Eldar. I now just play Eldar. I will take allies in almost every army now as they two armies complement each other so well.

I am currently 5-1 with my Dark Eldar with Eldar allies. The psychic defense of a farseer is unbelievable and Eldrad is truly amazing. I have been playing divination and throwing out two super guides and a misfortune lets my 4+ poison shots work through just about any infantry unit. Here are the units I have been very impressed with so far:

1. Reaver jetbike. I have been taking two units of 9. with an effective rang of 24" on their bladevane attack it makes them very good at damaging enemies while ver tough to engage in hth.

2. Flyers - Our flyers are now durable and accurate and a reasonably good defense against other flyers.

3. Hellions. I have been playing the baron but the hellions manuevarability is very good now. The comments about cover are definitely true though and I tend to lose a couple of models outside of cover.

I think that some other units have some big potential I just haven't played with them yet.

Night Vision ignore the necron night fight is HUGE.

Being able to glance vehicles to death is HUGE.

Being able to challenge with your 2++ character who hits first his HUGE.

Eldar Jet Bikes turbo boost 36", so you have an effective 36" range on your bladevanes...

Veteran-Sergeant

Also the new terrain rules state that open ground cannot be affected by terrain modifying special rules. So necron NF can no longer force difficult terrain tests on open ground.

Default Flying MCs counter

I saw that flying MC was mentioned as a DE problem.

Reavers turbo boost over them, auto hit and cause grounded test, hopefully adding wounds.

With cluster caltrops, 9 reavers do 7,25w on T6. Better than 10 Kabalite rapid fire (6,70)!

Biggest problem is they do not loose hard to hit from being grounded.

But if the faq does not fix that, I will eat my 6th ruletbook in anger

Also a comment on previous post, FF gives you a save in cc. Jink does not.

The 5 wyches with haywire in venom could be a good variation against armor.

If they leave them, they will kill more, if not its a soft 60pts unit that draws resources.

Why get one when you can have two for double the price

We still need lances though, as you can not shoot the guys inside before next turn if you pop the transport in cc.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    Also the new terrain rules state that open ground cannot be affected by terrain modifying special rules. So necron NF can no longer force difficult terrain tests on open ground.
    The two things in the Necron Codex that affected open ground are the Cryptek tremorstave and Orikan. Tremorstave still works as Codex overrules BRB and Orikan doesn't state anything about open ground.

Also, the rule is talking about rules that target terrain pieces, as open ground is not an actual piece of terrain, whatever rule is affecting the terrain would not affect open-ground as it is not actually terrain.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm loving readers. My razorwing is just as good, and interestingly enough my wyches have become a main at option with the haywires.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789