BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

WWP wills still be a good way to drop off vulnerable shooty units for a first strike or sideshots where it realle hurts. The ability to create an attack vector at will should not be underestimated now that casualties are removed from closest to furthest.

I've always used thd WWP to enter shooty units and jetbikes and at most a single unit of wyches so there won't be that much difference for me other than my opponents will have a tougher time shielding their important dudes.

However if the WWP is FAQ'ed to allow assaults, it will be godly!

Good point about reavers & WWPs.

Regarding aerial assault, it allows the vehicle to fire all its weapons, but I'm not sure it would trumpy the BRB when it says you can only fire two missiles a turn.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Arial Assault is on 12 inches, and you have to move at least 18 if you're zooming, yes? so wouldn't come into play unless they are hovering, and why would you want your flyers hovering.

Nope, flyer rules say cruising speed for flyers that zoom is 18-36 and they can fire up to four of their weapons. With aerial assault DE flyers can fire all of them which means TL splinter/SC + two dark lances + 2 missiles = 5 for the razorwing, so DE flyers are better off.

Ooh, and Reavers now get a 3++ jink save thanks to skilled rider, so that is rather nifty.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-29-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

reavers do seem a lot more viable imo now! i can't wait to actually get some 6th Ed games under my belt and see how it goes, first games with necrons, then maybe try this allies lark with my DE.
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chapter-Master

I like that the reavers flatout, bladevaning move is now done in the shooting phase. Means you could use the movement phase to help line up the run better, not ending up somewhere you could be assaulted
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Reavers already had a 3+ cover save in 5th when turbo boosting, the bonus is the 4+ cover save you now get when not turbo boosting, also known as blowing up tanks.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Regarding aerial assault, it allows the vehicle to fire all its weapons, but I'm not sure it would trumpy the BRB when it says you can only fire two missiles a turn.
    Specific overrules general, codex trumps BRB. Unless the BRB defines missiles as something other than weapons (which would mean they don't count against the 'weapons fired' count) then Aerial Assault overrides the 2 missile limitation from the BRB. I doubt they'll let that stand in the FAQ, but until we get the word you can still alphastrike with your DE missiles.

Possibly, but the wording of aerial assault is specific to the cruising speed rules, not the new restriction on missiles. At this point I think it is one of the things needed to be FAQed, personally I agree with you but it wont stop the arguments.

For example, DE flyers aren't flyers in the codex, but they are in the BRB. Does the codex trump the BRB? I think not. People will apply the same logic to the new restriction on missiles.

Chapter-Master

I dunno. The only reason I ever nuked all my missiles into one target in one turn was cos the damn thing never survived long enough to shoot the rest of them off.

Now its got the survivabilty boost from being a flier, not shooting your load over the first squad you see (ooo eeerr) might not be the best tactic. Rather than overkilling one unit, weakening it enough for a unit with Power from Pain to finish it might be a better option
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast