BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow King View Post
    Wasn't there something about you can infiltrate a haemi if it joins a unit of infiltrating mandrakes? That's a boost if true.
    Yeah, actually... Starting your Mandrakes with a pain point gives them their shooting attack right away (plus the FNP, obviously). Could this be enough to make Mandrakes actually useable?

Sadly ICs can't deploy with Infiltrators.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Well, one thing that mandrakes *should* have (though I'm not actually expecting the FAQ to be kind/awesome enough to give them this) is the 'shrouded' USR.

Brother-Captain

I'm going to be dropping all of my Flickerfields, so in that respect I'm quite happy as that's around 70-80pts for me to spend. I'll be taking Splinter Racks on my two Warrior Raiders now that they can move 12" and fire, so that leaves me with 50-60pts to play with. I really do hope they FAQ Klaives to be AP2, as Incubi, even though I usually go for Terminators with Wyches, should really be able to take on Terminators just purely out of principle, not to mention Artificer Armour like Sanguinary Guard.

Overwatch will hurt Wyches, but I can deal with that. They still won't be terrible. The nerf to FnP hurts like a wych though. (...okay yeah, I'm ashamed of that one. Horrifically so.) What I can't deal with is reserves not being able to do anything when they come in. Not only is that bad for Dark Eldar, but it's also pants-on-head retarded and there is no possible reason for it fluff-wise or rules-wise. On the other hand, if it's true that a lot of missions will have Night Fighting, we'll be safer as we can start more stuff on the field with less chance of being blown away, and return fire without any trouble due to army-wide Night Vision.

Just had a look at the Dark Eldar FAQ

Cant assualt out of a webway portal Edit the turn you arrive
    Incubi are ap 3 since klaives have their own special entry, but demi klaives can be ap 2 if they are 'clasped'

Still i not sure what class of weapon agonisers count as now?

Dissapointing FAQ, just clarifies wording rather than attempting to rebalance things like the 8th ed FAQs did.

Agonisers would be power swords that wound on 4+, closest interpretation that matches what they currently do.

Ooh, except Lelith still ignores armour saves with her attacks! She may only be S3 but she looks a whole lot better now all th other PWs are AP3.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-30-2012 at 05:19 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Hmm disintegrators then to deal with those pesky terminators, also i suspect starcannons will be all more the flavour for eldar armies as well.

Well disintegraotrs yes, starcannon are still too obscenely overpriced. You can get a ravager with 3 disintegrators for 105 points, on contrast a wave serpent can get a TL starcannon but its costing 125 points and only BS3.

Speaking of the craftworld cousins, looking at the allies matrix i could take the Avatar in a dark eldar army, does the inspiring special rule apply to the dark eldar?

If this does not work on dark eldar fair enough but....

just to make things even more confusing Harlequins can be fielded in both the dark eldar and eldar armies so do they benefit from inspiring if they are chosen as a dark eldar elite and you have an Avatar as an ally choice ?

To me i answer should be yes it does but i know that the opposite opinion can be just as valid so i am just putting it out there.

Seems like one of those 4+ dice roll before the game with your opponent if you cant agree on it.

Chapter-Master

I like the fact the FAQ answers nothing about our acute senses

The cdoex talks about how living in a dark city helps us. Now it helps us.....reroll outflanking sides. Considering only one unit can outflank....thats just great
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast