BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar in 6th

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Where is this ruling for quicksilver?

I couldn't find it in the GK FAQ and I've been playing against tons of GK players who smack me at S10 I10 with their hammers because of QS.
    They've been cheating you.

See, quicksilver makes you I10. Thunderhammers, however, make you strike at I1. So you end up with a bunch of I10 models striking at I1 due to the Thunderhammer. I don't think anything's changed about this with 6th ed.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but does the fact that the Avatar is now treated as a Daemon with a higher ++ also confer him Eternal Warrior, or is the only other aspect to 'Daemon' that he gets slapped down by GK?
    Or am I imagining the Daemon=Eternal Warrior rule....

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Mastery 1? Thank GW, you almost made the rules match the fluff....but couldn't have that now could you

Picking up my book tomorrow! looking forward to things.
    Actually, it makes perfect sense if you look at it from the angle of sensible caution rather than raw power or skill. You can think of an Eldar Farseer like a skilled demolition technician, and a Space Marine Librarian like a reckless child with a room full of dynamite. The fact that the kid is blowing stuff up left and right while the technician only uses his explosives cautiously and sparingly doesn't mean that the stupid kid is "better" at handling explosives than the expert, far from it. Like the technician, the Farseer makes fewer booms, but is less likely to blow himself up Looney Toons style or get possessed by Daemons or whatever.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sckeetch View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but does the fact that the Avatar is now treated as a Daemon with a higher ++ also confer him Eternal Warrior, or is the only other aspect to 'Daemon' that he gets slapped down by GK?
    Or am I imagining the Daemon=Eternal Warrior rule....
    Imagining. The Daemons codex grants all of its units the Eternal Warrior rule, but that's only within the Daemon codex, and there wasn't even a universal Daemon rule until just now with 6th ed.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by EldarVeteran View Post
    Expect to see this FAQ FAQ'd. It makes more sense that they really did mean 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. Why delete "The Shadowseer uses her powers to confuse and terrify her foe"?
    I lol at this line being removed it seems like a very clever use of irony

Lots of people are confused over whether harlequins get shroud, stealth and 2D6 spotting distance or just shroud and stealth alone.

Also i am sure there are some shooty armies which are terrified at harlequins being the former rather than the latter.

Because it is redundant, as is the reference to warlock powers. I'm not saying they won't change it to paragraphs, but until they do there is no reason to assume this isn't the intended change.
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarVeteran View Post
    Expect to see this FAQ FAQ'd. It makes more sense that they really did mean 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. Why delete "The Shadowseer uses her powers to confuse and terrify her foe"?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

What do people think of this tactic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragannia
    Okay guys,

I don't know if this has been said before, but...

Squadrons calculate speed and who can shoot individually. And since wounds are hit on whoever was closest, does that not mean...

Imagine a Vyper Squad of 3, firing at something. Two of them fire all their weapons, and then the third moves flat out in its shooting phase to block LOS for the other two. It then receives a decent 4+ Jink save, and saves the other two from harm.

Is this doable?
    I think it is legal, and makes vyper squadrons quite nifty. Not 100% sure though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Mastery 1? Thank GW, you almost made te rules match the fluff....but couldn't have that now could you

Picking up my book tomorrow! looking forward to things.
    Everyone needs to stop forgetting that you buy Spirit Stones. If they made Farseers Mastery Level 2 base, you could buy Spirit Stones to become Mastery Level 3. You'd be getting something you didn't pay for. To be honest I think they should have given it to us anyway to counter-balance our over-priced heavy weapons, but oh well we can wait.

Yup, if Farseers were MAstery 2 they would be on par with GK librarians who are Mastery 2 for nearly htree times the price. Giving them Mastery 3 for 20 points to GKs 50 AND access to ghosthelm and runes means Farseers are getting dangerously OP compared to GK and ridiculously superior to everyone elses psykers. So GW were in a tough spot. I hope and expect Farseers to be bumped up to MAstery 2 in the next codex, or have the option to buy it, with commensurate price increase. Ideally I'd like Warlocks to be ICs again and be Mastery 1.

Librarian

warlocks are characters now, in 6th ed. It's in the back of the book. I don't know if that's good or bad to what you want.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast