BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar in 6th

Chapter-Master

Howling Banshees: AP3 nerfs them a tad, but then they never excelled at taking on terminators in my opinion Acrobatic is nerfed a bit as counterattack has to pass a LD test now, but their LD is very high so it is only an extremely minor nerf. Still good Marine hunters if backed by a psyker, still in desperate need of a new codex entry.
    Please tell me that I'm not the only one that has seen through the facade of GW's RAI attempt with the power weapons. I've already made a mold of the 2nd ed banshee exarch's power axe and I'm currently waiting on the faq before all of my banshees are fitted with power axes.

Sure they make you go at I1, but banshee masks make you go at I10. (FAQ needed)

Then they add +1S and are Ap2. Suddenly - for just a bit of hobby work, Banshees are possibly the best CC unit in the codex, and maybe the game.

Maugan Ra: Same as before, great if you can spare the points but unlikely to be worth it attached to dark reapers.
    Does the Maugetar count as a Axe or Sword?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Sure they make you go at I1, but banshee masks make you go at I10. (FAQ needed)

Then they add +1S and are Ap2. Suddenly - for just a bit of hobby work, Banshees are possibly the best CC unit in the codex, and maybe the game.

You sir have made me a happy Eldar player never thought about modeling the girls with axes, ways just going to not use the girls because of the nerf, but if this is true looks like i will be buying some new Banshees and start converting them to have axes

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by keithsilva View Post
    You sir have made me a happy Eldar player never thought about modeling the girls with axes, ways just going to not use the girls because of the nerf, but if this is true looks like i will be buying some new Banshees and start converting them to have axes
    Like I said - I have to read the rule myself (my book wont get here till monday) but from what I've heard from my friend who is looking at the book now he says just "look at the model, if it has an axe, it has an axe".

Then you'll have to convince people that the banshee mask overrides the I1 of the axe. The only thing that I can argue in this favor is that the banshee masks negated the effects of cover before, so why should it not negate the effects of unwieldy?

If someone wanted to call shenanigans on it (barring any ruling in a FAQ) then I'd just compromise and say that they go at initiative.

In the end, I'd wait until the FAQ's hit before you chop up your girls. Thats what I'm doing.

Veteran-Sergeant

Same here just going to wait until tomorrow until i get the book and the FAQ drops will tomorrow just get here

It also just "iin the first round of combat" they are I10 so there is also and the argument is which one overrides the other, I would have to says masks override but until we see it IDK.
    Last edited by keithsilva; 06-29-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Then you'll have to convince people that the banshee mask overrides the I1 of the axe. The only thing that I can argue in this favor is that the banshee masks negated the effects of cover before, so why should it not negate the effects of unwieldy?
    Because unwieldy is just the rule which made fists and hammers always strike at I1 but given a name. Nothing could ever, ever, ever change a power fist or thunder hammer always striking at I1 in 5th ed, so unless that changes, they will be I1.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Because unwieldy is just the rule which made fists and hammers always strike at I1 but given a name. Nothing could ever, ever, ever change a power fist or thunder hammer always striking at I1 in 5th ed, so unless that changes, they will be I1.
    Things that modified initiative, such as FC never could modify the I1, but the banshee mask rule specifically states that on the charge they go at I10 and negate the initiative effects of cover and grenades.

Doesn't quicksilver make a GK thunderhammer go at I10?

There's a huge grey area. Like I said, wait for the FAQ. If the FAQ doesn't mention it then use the compromise that I suggested.

No, quicksilver does not make TH go at I1. Banshee masks override everything that reduces you to I1, but they do not override things that set you at a flat value of I1 like a TH does. Or at least thats the ruling for quicksilver which works just like banshee masks.

Is it just me or is it that Monstrous Creatures only ignore armor saves if they do Smash? I don't see anything under their 1/3 a page section that says otherwise but Smash is 1/2 attacks but you get AP2 (unless you already have AP1). That kinda hurts the Wraithlord since he only has 2 attacks as is.

Had quick look through the eldar faq

Avatar keeps his 4++ specially mentions his is diff to the BRB

Also the veil of tears of the shadow seer is changed to having shroud and stealth quite the change but did not find this change in the dark eldar FAQ.

The FAQ actually changes very litttle, it just calrifies wording. The biggest change is to Veil of Tears which basically buffs cover by +3, giving them 4+ in the open from Stealth and Shrouded. Personally I don't think this compensates for the fact they can now be targeted by everything from maximum range.

I'm actually going to write to GW and raise some issues, not that i will do much good. But if no one does so then they won't know so worth a shot.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast