BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Eldar in 6th

Heh.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    So - I've actually used the nightwing now in two games, and not only has it absolutely murdered my opponent, it hasn't died.

I don't know if its the list I'm using but it hardly even gets attention.
    Could you be so kind to share your list and general tactics with us?

Default Liking the 6th

Hi!

First time posting here, but here it goes anyway.
    I´ve been playing WH40K about 3-4 years CSM mainly, but i switched to Eldar in the beginning of this year and i´m loving the 6th edition! I usually go against BA and 9 times out of 10 got my butt handed to me. Then arrived the 6th edition and it´s a whole new ballgame! Now the games are super tight and more entertaining. New missions and rules just got better. We even got our friend buying the SW -army after few games of the 6th edition (he wasn't feeling the 5th) ! I love Eldrad and the Pathfinders, but carry the DA´s for troop choices also. Banshees got weaker, so i got SS & FD for my basic elite choices now. I dont know, why people are disliking the WW`s? i just got 3 more of those bad boys and i got 2 x 3 combination in my heavy support. Jink 5+ on the WS`s is like permanent smoke on a rhino, except the Energy shield has saved my troops almost 80% of the time.
    Necrons...they got BAAAAAADDDDD...my friend just got few of those new chariots...hmmm...i haven't played against him for a while, but the BA player got shredded to pieces, so i´m contemplating my list against him as we speak.

Nice conversation going back and forth over here, keep those good ideas coming!

The Lost Vyper

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes, the exact wording of the rule as amended by the FAQ gives Harlequins Stealth, Shrouded and spotting distance. That is how it is written, until it is FAQd otherwise that is how it works.
    It has been faq'ed now in 1.1 to read:

Shadowseer, Viel of Tears
    Replace the ENTIRE entry with "The Shadowseer and her unit have the Stealth and Shrouded special rules".

No more stealth, shrouded, and spotting distance

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthic View Post
    In second edition they had an identical profile to the Storm Bolter IIRC, they should have just kept it at that in third.
    Actually it was almost identical to the bolter.

Str 4 Rapid fire range 12/24" -2 save.

This was the biggest failure in design that happened between 2nd and 3rd. They seemed to want to make eldar different and more mobile with the assault weapon so they made them assault. Shorting the range to 12 inches made the average guardian useless. Heck, in 2nd they could still have lasguns. That would still be preferable as a troop choice. At leas they would be cheap and able to shoot 24 inches.
    Last edited by Spamthulhu; 12-27-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    Actually it was almost identical to the bolter.

Str 4 Rapid fire range 12/24" -2 save.

This was the biggest failure in design that happened between 2nd and 3rd. They seemed to want to make eldar different and more mobile with the assault weapon so they made them assault. Shorting the range to 12 inches made the average guardian useless. Heck, in 2nd they could still have lasguns. That would still be preferable as a troop choice. At leas they would be cheap and able to shoot 24 inches.
    I think you may have the range wrong for second... as I recall it was 24" STR 4 Sustained Fire (d6 with 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, jam)

I would like to point out though that while the profile of the bolter has not changed since Third, the rules that bolters use has changed each edition making them more powerful each new edition.

Rapid Fire - Bolters
    3rd - Stationary - 1 shot 24", 2 shot 12" - all must within 12" to double tap - Move - 1 Shot 12"
    4th - Stationary - 1 shot 24", 2 shot 12" - all must within 12" to double tap (I believe this was still in effect) - Move - 2 Shot 12"
    5th - Stationary - 1 shot 24", 2 shot 12" - measure range for each model - Move - 2 shot 12"
    6th - 1 shot 24" , 2 shot 12" - no shooting restrictions
    Cannot assault if fired

So for a while there was an actual advantage to the Shuriken Cat in 3rd, on par with the bolter in 4th, and then 5th on became sub par.

I miss the JAM dice from 2nd Ed. Would love to see them come back.

Quote Originally Posted by SaganGree View Post
    I think you may have the range wrong for second... as I recall it was 24" STR 4 Sustained Fire (d6 with 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, jam)

I would like to point out though that while the profile of the bolter has not changed since Third, the rules that bolters use has changed each edition making them more powerful each new edition.

Rapid Fire - Bolters
    3rd - Stationary - 1 shot 24", 2 shot 12" - all must within 12" to double tap - Move - 1 Shot 12"
    4th - Stationary - 1 shot 24", 2 shot 12" - all must within 12" to double tap (I believe this was still in effect) - Move - 2 Shot 12"
    5th - Stationary - 1 shot 24", 2 shot 12" - measure range for each model - Move - 2 shot 12"
    Cannot assault if fired

So for a while there was an actual advantage to the Shuriken Cat in 3rd, on par with the bolter in 4th, and then 5th on became sub par.
    I can go pull out my rules and codex. Shuriken Catapult wasn't sustained. That was the cannon. The only difference with the bolter and catapult was the save modifier.

Sustained dice were fun though. I liked when they got rid of jams. Hated jams. Then they added Gets Hot and I shook my head.

I still have all of my 2nd Ed rules and codices. I had marines, Angels of death, and Eldar codices.

Quote Originally Posted by SaganGree View Post

Rapid Fire - Bolters
    Cannot assault if fired

I can look it up and post the old rules but I am pretty sure the Shuriken Cat didn't have a sustained dice. The cannon had the sustained dice.

Assault cannons used a few of those dice and were crazy strong in the day. The only down side was the jamming and catastrophic failure.

The original bolt gun was str 4 range 12" 2 shots range 13-24" -1 to hit 1 shot (rapid fire) with a -1 armor save.

The only difference i remember between the Shuriken Cat and the Bolter was the save.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast