BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Igen View Post
    I was able to get my hands on one early. They feel... cheap... like they will break within a month or two. The one I got couldn't even hold the length of tape out without it sliding back slowly. Right out of the package.
    EDIT: that aside, they are cool as hell =D I love the look and feel of them. Just hope it holds together.
    If it doesn't work as advertised, I'm sure GW will make it right. Say what you will about GW but it is tough to beat their customer service and their willingness to stand behind their products.

No worries, if it breaks crack it open and put a better tape measure inside!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

The Dark Mechanic

Please allow me to address some of the issues raised in previous comments:

1) GW has announced a delay of certain July releases. Here is a copy of the announcement:

Stuck in the Warp!
    Those of you who have read this month's White Dwarf will have seen some great-looking Munitorum Dice, Battlefield Objectives and Vehicle Markers, which come supplied with a lasgun power pack dice tin as well as pewter-effect dice holders. These have unfortunately been delayed in the warp, but will be on sale in a few weeks. Check back on games-workshop.com for further updates."

2) The Servo Skull tape measure is not limited and is already in stores. All tape measures are consumables with a finite life. Anything with moving parts and springs eventually breaks. More wear means a shorter life. That said, it is quite cool looking. If you want something cheaper that lasts nearly forever, buy a modestly priced Stanley tape measure. The small Stanley I bought for Warhammer two decades ago still works.

3) The word "definitely" does not have an "a" in it. The root word is "finite" and like other forms based on this root word (e.g., infinite, infinitely, definitive, etc.) there's no "a" in any of them.

I got my Battlefield Objective Markers and special red Munitorum Dice in my Gamer's Edition. They are quite nice.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 07-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chapter-Master

Overpriced, cheap POS.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I bought a servo skull 'cos I like servo skulls and I thought it looked cute, not going to use it as a tape measure. Just a fun piece of merchandise even if it is overpriced (and probably poor quality). Given that I seldom buy useles consumer goods I'm considering it a justifiable indulgence.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Hmm how hard would it be to open it up, drill out the lenses and put LED lights in instead.

How cool would your tape measure be then????
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

First-Captain

Personally, I thought it was a piece of cheap rubbish as well, then I handled it. Like the templates, they look naff in pictures but overall feels sturdy and even with the measure sliding back a little it does stop and overall feels nice. Plus it looks cool.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

That's the exact opposite impression that the guys I played my first 6th game with got. Any tape measure that can't lock is cheap. If you like servo-skulls, then use this thing at terrain. LEDs would be cool, though. You could put speakers in it, too.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    I got my Battlefield Objective Markers and special red Munitorum Dice in my Gamer's Edition. They are quite nice.
    They are really nice, but the tin is terrible. I was expecting proper storage foam or plastic or something in there. Instead you just have to chuck it all in and they rattle arround like hell in there. It's only a mtter of time before those dice holders get snapped.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    They are really nice, but the tin is terrible. I was expecting proper storage foam or plastic or something in there. Instead you just have to chuck it all in and they rattle arround like hell in there. It's only a mtter of time before those dice holders get snapped.
    You'd have to be pretty rough I think to snap those holders whilst in the tin.

The tin looks great but isn't all that practical compared to the current dice cubes as the lid is easily flipped over (it also barely fits in the pouches in the bag) . Once they release the objectives dice I'll put all the holders in one and all the dice in another and that should work better I think. Going to use the red dice as vehicle markers as I prefer standard spots when rolling normal dice and there are too many damage chart variations for the vehicle dice to be much use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast