BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Anticipating the Months to Come

All--

With 6E releasing Today/Tomorrow as just rules, I was curious as to what else you're all looking forward to this summer?

I know for me, there are few things:

40K 6E Box -- A no brainer, really. I'll be buying this unless it's over $150. Consistenly chock full of value, plus the mini rulebook, there's no real reason NOT to buy it.

Trollbloods Mountain King -- Despite all the haters saying he isn't strong enough, I have just the biggest nerd-boner for this model. I think he drips with character. I love him and can't wait to get one.

GenCon Indy 2012-- This will be only my 3rd GenCon, and its always one of the highlights of my summer. Things I'm looking forward to at GenCon include:

--Wrath of Kings--> I really hope we see either the rules or, at the very least, some more models at GenCon. Playing it at Adepticon was really quite fun, and the sculpting pedigree of the game is second to none.

--Super Dungeon Explore Expansion --> Can't wait for this. At all. I'd buy it now if they'd let me. Easily some of my favorite models, and my wife will actually play and enjoy the game. Win-Win.

As of right now, it seem like my GenCon "To Buy" list is rather low; however, we all know that can change quickly once you get in that massive hall.

So what are you looking forward to? Are you going to Gen Con, and if so, what is on your "To Buy" list?

www.queencityguard.com

VOIDRAVEN! Oh and the Eldar flyer(s) too.

Also the rumoured Dark Eldar special characters. Mixed feelings about the box, I've little interest in Dark Angels and Chaos. I suppose it is likely the Marines may not have modelled on Dark Angels iconography but even so I'm not sure I need more marines for my little FSM force.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I will buy the starter box even though I will likely use none of the models. I will either give them to a friend (for a price), or keep the best ones just to paint and ebay the rest. Its all about the mini book (depends on how the chaos dex pans out-might keep some allies)

Then yeah, fliers for all 3 of my armies are rumoured near future, as are DE models.

Then its just improving army lists for 6th ed, and waiting for daddy GW to give me a new dex....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Are you an Eldar Player as well, Doc?

I have to admit that seeing the new Eldar release has me all sorts of excited. If they do half the job they did with the DE, we're in for some real treats. It'll be interesting to see how they do the boxed sets for aspect warriors. As I see it, they'll prob need 3 separate boxes so that they can tailor the armor types look correct. Banshees + Hawks, Spiders + Reapers, Scorpions + Fire Dragons. I think doing three would enable you to keep the sleekness of the Hawks/Banshees in the legs while giving alternate torsos etc.

As for the Boxed Set: We should really set up something on here to do trades for the box set, etc, to make sure everyone is getting the mumbo jumbo they need.

It'll be really interesting to see what is in the boxed set. I feel like it would be a really great place to reintroduce grav-bikes to the Ravenwing

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

I am, they're my first army. Tau followed, then DE (6 months before the new book though! No bandwagon jumping for me)

Aspects would need a plastic set each, every armour set is significantly different from the others. You couldn't combine kits without seriously diluting the aesthetic. Seriously armour plates are different shapes, positioned differently, vary in number, there are Aspect runes on legs, torsos and sometimes arms etc.

So I'm expecting more Finecast Aspects or one or two individual plastic Aspects. However we haven't had a new vehicle type for Eldar since the 90s, the Wave Serpent nad FirePrism/Nightspinner both use the old falcon chassis. Really excited to see what we get with our flyers, and their were rumours of a new chassis type too though I'mnot getting my hopes up.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

did you get the weaver a few years ago ?

Chapter-Master

Platic Dragons and Banshees. The DA are generally alright.

Finecast Hawks and Reapers. And maybe a new aspect.

New Avatar, flier and Tank Chassis. Maybe a small version of the webway tank

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Aspects would need a plastic set each, every armour set is significantly different from the others. You couldn't combine kits without seriously diluting the aesthetic. Seriously armour plates are different shapes, positioned differently, vary in number, there are Aspect runes on legs, torsos and sometimes arms etc.

So I'm expecting more Finecast Aspects or one or two individual plastic Aspects. However we haven't had a new vehicle type for Eldar since the 90s, the Wave Serpent nad FirePrism/Nightspinner both use the old falcon chassis. Really excited to see what we get with our flyers, and their were rumours of a new chassis type too though I'mnot getting my hopes up.
    So there's no way they could do similar legs and then change up the torsos? I mean, I'm clearly not as familiar with the models as you, but it appeared on the GW site that it could be a potential.

www.queencityguard.com

First-Captain

I am very much looking forward to the starter set or sets.

The possible rumoured Tau flyer later this year is very much baking my biscuit.

I am very much looking forward to starting an Alpha Legion army so anything that can be a part of that is on my hit list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast