BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    A few quick questions on the fortress if I may as my book is in the post still and I can't find them elsewhere:

• Are its base weapons included (lascannon, missile silo, 2 H Bolters) in its 220pt pricetag?
    • How much is the comm relay upgrade?
    • Can the lascannon and missile silo be manned like the separate interceptor guns to fire at higher BS?
    Lascannons and missile yes, Heavy bolters are extra.
    There's an upgraded missile type for the silo that costs extra
    Comms realy is 20pts, but can only be taken with the bastion or defense lines
    lascannon and missile silo can be manned.

question if the table is full of terrain can you remove terrain to place your fortification?
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chaplain

I'd say that would be up to your opponent or the TO - most tournaments that I've played at have a "don't move the scenery" policy, but when I'm playing against my friends, we usually mutually fiddle with the scenery pre-game (if we haven't set it up ourselves).
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    question if the table is full of terrain can you remove terrain to place your fortification?
    Fortifications are always placed before terrain, and count towards the tables terrain coverage.

Chaplain

However, by my reckoning the steps given for terrain placement are a bit long-winded and will probably be streamlined or ignored by most tourney organizers and/or pick-up gamers.

Brother-Captain

One nice thing about fortifications is that small local tournaments and FLGSs can set up more tables with the same amount of terrain. Most of the stores around here are always short on decent terrain, so encouraging players to bring their own will help. If you're worried about transportability, the Aegis defense lines are quite compact. You might also be able to build a bastion so that it separates into two pieces for easier transport, too. The Fortress . . . good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    One nice thing about fortifications is that small local tournaments and FLGSs can set up more tables with the same amount of terrain. Most of the stores around here are always short on decent terrain, so encouraging players to bring their own will help. If you're worried about transportability, the Aegis defense lines are quite compact. You might also be able to build a bastion so that it separates into two pieces for easier transport, too. The Fortress . . . good luck.
    Actually, the Fortress of Redemption separates into 4 nice easy parts- Big tower, Missile Silo annex, Lascannon annex, walkway.

Chaplain

It still takes up about as much space as most 1000-1500 point armies, even broken down.

First-Captain

Never used terrain set up rules, since GW has it's own terrain on tables. We usually just agree, but might try out the rules soon.
    For the Greater good.

Chaplain

I already own the Fortress, and am happily converting it for my SoB, as for a Bastion, well the plan is to make a Chapel with the same rules, and for others will use the defence lines and other scenery as i go.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast